Aphrodisiac Pasta Dish
- 2 Cloves garlic (crushed or chopped)
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1-2 pats butter or 1 stp olive oil for pan
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 can (a short, fat big one) crushed tomatoes
- Dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 box penne
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Red wine for serving
- Add butter or oil to a pan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook until browned
- Add 1/3 cup vodka and cook (stirring occasionally) until vodka evaporates. Add can of tomatoes. Keep on low to medium heat and stir. Add dried basil, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes to taste.
- When the sauce is thick, add ½ cup half and half and stir on low heat until the sauce is pink and a good consistency
- Make the pasta according to package instructions. After draining water, add parmesan to the hot noodles before adding sauce. Also add a pat of butter to the hot pasta, if desired.
- Let sauce sit for 5-10 minutes after removing from heat before adding to penne
- Serve with red wine.