Ali Larter shares a recipe from her new book, Kitchen Revelry: A Year of Festive Menus from My Home to Yours, for a healthy side dish that will lend balance to a rich meal.
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon truffle oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon truffle salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 6 cups thinly-sliced, fresh kale, center ribs removed
• 6 tablespoons finely-grated Pecorino cheese
• 6 tablespoons dried cranberries
• 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Vinaigrette: Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl to blend.
2. Salad: Toss the kale with the vinaigrette in a large bowl. Sprinkle the cheese, cranberries and pumpkin seeds over the kale and serve.