Grammy Award-nominated rapper 2 Chainz joins ER physician Dr. Travis Stork in the kitchen to share some of his favorite recipes from his new cookbook, #MEALTIME: 2 Chainz Tour Bus Cookbook.
"I'm a rap artist first, but at the same time, I understand that I do have a platform. I just try to share some of the things, which would be a healthy lifestyle," 2 Chainz says.
Try his healthy, low-calorie version of a Southern favorite: Smoky Kale Greens!
• 1 pound kale
• 1/2 small purple onion
• Olive oil
• 2 teaspoons garlic
• Smoked turkey of your choice
• 4 cups chicken stock
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat up some olive oil in a pan and add onion and garlic to it.
2. Let the mixture cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then add smoked turkey and toss that for one more minute.
3. Add 4 cups chicken stock to a pot, and season with salt and pepper for desired flavor.
4. Bring to a boil, then add kale, cooking until kale stalks are tender. This should take approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Sit down and enjoy all your greens while listening to "Black Unicorn."