Grammy Award-nominated rapper 2 Chainz joins ER physician Dr. Travis Stork in the kitchen to share some of his favorite recipes from his new cookbook, #MEALTIME: 2 Chainz Tour Bus Cookbook.
"I'm a rap artist first, but at the same time, I understand that I do have a platform. I just try to share some of the things, which would be a healthy lifestyle," 2 Chainz says.
Try his healthy and delicious recipe for pan-seared sea bass with heirloom tomato salsa!
Sea Bass Ingredients:
• 1 pound (2 6-8 ounce pieces) sea bass (or halibut)
• Olive oil
• Kosher salt and black pepper
• Fresh basil
• 3 multi-colored heirloom tomatoes, chunked
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 avocado, diced
• 1/2 purple onion, sliced thin
• 1/4 cup olive oil
1. With the speakers on full blast, play your favorite cuts from B.O.A.T.S. II #MeTime.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In hot, oven-safe, non-stick skillet, add olive oil. 4. Season both sides of the sea bass with salt and pepper.
5. Add sea bass to the pan, and sear for 3 to 4 minutes, until brown crust forms.
6. Turn sea bass over and sear for another 2 minutes.
7. Place skillet in heated oven, turn oven off, and leave in oven for 5 minutes to finish cooking fish.
8. Combine salsa ingredients in large bowl and stir.
9. Place generous amount of salsa on two plates, top with fish and garnish as desired.
10. Devour your meal, and enjoy listening through the end of B.O.A.T.S. II #MeTime.
11. Take a minute to celebrate yourself, and celebrate the "me time" you were able to spend cooking these meals.
• 2 Chainz' Smoky Kale Greens