Do you need to beware of your underwear?
The Doctors share how a woman landed in the emergency room because of her thong! The woman shared on TikTok that her underwear caused her to develop an abscess between her cheeks, and when she went to the hospital she needed to have emergency surgery to treat it. The most shocking part was doctors told her this type of abscess could have possibly killed her. It was discovered that her thong caused a cut in her butt that led to the possibly-fatal infection.
Plastic surgeon Dr. Andrew Ordon explains bacteria will enter the body and then it can become walled off in the body and puss begins to form around it. He explains signs of an abscess can include redness, soreness, pain, and when pushed on it will feel soft.
As always, if you have a cut that is not healing or you are dealing with pain that is getting worse from the result of a cut or wound, please seek medical attention, as an abscess will not heal on its own.