This Toy Sent Their Daughter to The Hospital!

Playing Child Using Toy Makeup Kit Hospitalized?

The Doctors discuss a 3-year-old girl who ended up in the hospital after playing with a toy makeup kit from a discount store. The parents shared on Facebook that “Within 24 hours of using this kit her eyes got swollen and were blistered shut, she developed a rash on her entire body, and she was unable to eat due to the blistering and cracked lips.”

Watch: This Year's Most Dangerous Toys

It was determined that this girl had an allergic reaction from the makeup. Dermatologist Dr. Sonia Batra explains that this is being sold as a toy, not as makeup, so it’s not being regulated in the same way as cosmetics are. Furthermore, a lot of these toys are also coming from outside the US which again, means they may not be regulated.

Dr. Batra attempts to read the hard-to-pronounce ingredients on the back of a toy makeup box and even she doesn't recognize most of them. 

Watch: Mold Hiding in Popular Child's Toy

Plastic surgeon Dr. Andrew Ordon adds that parents need to act as detectives. Anything new that a child comes in contact with has the potential for an allergic reaction!

Sign up for Our Newsletter!