Winter storms are wreaking havoc across the country and it is important to know what steps you can take to stay warm and safe in the event you lose power.
- Close blinds in your home to keep in hear
- Close off rooms not in use to avoid wasting or losing heat
The Ejoy Heated Vest can be worn under a jacket and is battery-powered and has 3 heating levels on the front and back.
- Eat and drink. Food provides the energy that warms the body but avoid alcohol or caffeine
- Stuff towels or rags into the cracks under doors
The Cozee Battery Powered Heated Blanket has a weatherproof exterior shell, can last up to 5 hours, and can be charged in your car.
- Use your gas or wood fireplace - Did you know you can order firewood online and in a variety of sizes?
- Use a portable indoor-safe heater (Always ensure it is meant to be used indoors)
This Portable Electric Space Heater can heat a 200 square foot room and has a thermostat control.
- Use a generator to power appliances, but only in a safe and well-ventilated area outside of the home
The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer can be recharged via solar power and can be used to power your small appliances.
- When entering and exiting your home, use a garage or porch if possible to help prevent heat loss in your home
*CBSi may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something through featured links above.