Parents: How to Cut Down on Quarantine Chaos for Your Kids
Is Sugar Really That Bad for You?
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share Blended Family Challenges
2 Breathing Techniques to Start Your Day
The Cancer Diagnosis That Saved Amy Robach's Marriage
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share How They Learned to Parent Toge…
Tools to Help You Accomplish Anything!
How Breathing Can Help Your Mental and Physical Health!
New Mom Was Told She Couldn’t Have Kids Due to PCOS
New Hope in the Fight Against HIV
Woman Shares Her Story of Growing Up with Facial Hair!
Why Cheese Is a Great Snack for Your Oral Health!
Nutritionist Shares Her Favorite Healthy Cheeses!
The Stigma of HIV Still at Play in Blood Donation?
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of PCOS?
Concerned You Might Have Type 2 Diabetes?
Could an HIV Vaccine Be Available Soon?
How to Take Control of Your Diabetes Risk!
Would You Hire Someone to Test Your Partner’s Loyalty?
Do You Know How to Muscle Floss?
Are you feeling cabin fever being stuck in your home with your kids? The Doctors welcome parenting expert Donna Tetreault to share tips on how to ease the quarantine chaos for your family while sheltering in place.
The host of parenting podcast “Kids Under Construction” says to "keep things in perspective." when it comes to living up to expectations about homeschooling your kids. Some of Donna's helpful tips for parents to keep in mind:
- At school, kids are usually only learning 3 to 4 hours a day and their day includes other activities, not schoolwork related
- Kids thrive on a routine and she suggests having them help create their daily schedule
- Remember this is new for everyone, especially kids who are now cooped up and adjusting
- Creat social outlets for your children with other kids, via phone and video conferencing
- Build-in outdoor time (while keeping 6 feet away from people not in your household)
- Consider using mindfulness or meditation apps that can help kids ground themself or work through stressful moments
- Use this time to teach your kids a new skill
Get more helpful resources, tips, advice and news on coronavirus/COVID-19 from The Doctors.
*Stay informed on the latest information on the coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization and learn about prevention methods and what to do if you are infected.