Are you feeling cabin fever being stuck in your home with your kids? The Doctors welcome parenting expert Donna Tetreault to share tips on how to ease the quarantine chaos for your family while sheltering in place.
The host of parenting podcast “Kids Under Construction” says to "keep things in perspective." when it comes to living up to expectations about homeschooling your kids. Some of Donna's helpful tips for parents to keep in mind:
- At school, kids are usually only learning 3 to 4 hours a day and their day includes other activities, not schoolwork related
- Kids thrive on a routine and she suggests having them help create their daily schedule
- Remember this is new for everyone, especially kids who are now cooped up and adjusting
- Creat social outlets for your children with other kids, via phone and video conferencing
- Build-in outdoor time (while keeping 6 feet away from people not in your household)
- Consider using mindfulness or meditation apps that can help kids ground themself or work through stressful moments
- Use this time to teach your kids a new skill
Get more helpful resources, tips, advice and news on coronavirus/COVID-19 from The Doctors.
*Stay informed on the latest information on the coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization and learn about prevention methods and what to do if you are infected.