The Doctors meet Tiffany whose side hustle turned into a fulltime gig and she is now turning trash into cash!
The Dumpster Diving Mama, as she is known on TikTok and Instagram, is a full-time dumpster diver and she's finding tons of great items that have been tossed out. On a good day, she says she will hit up 50 dumpsters and she has found things like vacuums, weighted blankets, curtains, and even couches. She says most of the products have been slightly damaged or have been returned to stores and then end up in the trash, but many of them can be re-sold.
At first, her family questioned her side hustle, but now her husband and mom have joined in. If you are considering dumpster diving, Tiffany shares her helpful tips:
- Check if dumpster diving is legal in your city and state. It is not legal in every state
- Look for private property signs and trespassing signs. If you see this, it’s a big NO-NO
- If you’re going to do this, my advice is to be quiet when in the act
- Be sure to not make a mess. Leave the dumpster cleaner than you found it.
- Bring tools like a stool, rags, bags, sticks, gloves, and hand sanitizer
The Doctors would also suggest that you make sure to thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water and change your clothes after a day of dumpster diving!