Is your lower back in pain? It could be related to your workspace or how you are sleeping. Find out the essentials you need to ease lower back pain.
The Doctors welcome Crystal, who suffers from lower back pain, minor scoliosis, sciatica, and a bulging disc. To treat these issues she says she has tried massage, acupuncture, and lidocaine shots, but her back pain continues to plague her.
Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Hooman Melamed explains people with lower back pain or a back injury should not sit all day and need to mindful of getting up to move and he recommends a standing desk.
* Consider this adjustable workstation that transforms from sitting to standing and will help you get on your feet during the day
* This standing workstation has storage and a raised shelf for your monitors and comes in 3 color options
Dr. Melamed says support while sleeping can also help with sciatica and back pain.
* You may need a body pillow to help support your body while side sleeping, this highly rated option has over 1000 reviews.
* If you are expecting (or just need extra support) this u-shaped body pillow will support you from all sides and has over 21,000 reviews!
The Doctors also recommend having a good chair for the times you need to sit (and with many people now working remotely, we're guessing you do not have the same type of ergonomic chair at home that you used in your office).
* This highly reviewed chair can help your with back pain and has a foam-padded seat with a mesh full-back with lumbar support.
* This affordable chair option has a curved backrest and will support your spine's natural curve and has a lumbar support system.
* This highly rated chair -- available in 5 colors -- provides ergonomic support with a leather bucket seat and support for your waist.
Always remember to get up from your workstation every hour to stretch and walk, this will not only help your back but also your eyes by giving them a break from your computer screens.
*CBSi may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something through featured links above.