Are you concerned you have uterine fibroids? The Doctors share the most common signs and symptoms of the noncancerous growths of the uterus that often appear during a woman's childbearing years.
According to The Mayo Clinic, common signs and symptoms of uterine fibroids include:
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Menstrual periods lasting longer than a week
- Pelvic pressure or pelvic pain
- Frequently having to urinate
- Trouble emptying the bladder
- Experiencing backache or leg pains
When to see your doctor for uterine fibroids:
- Pelvic pain that persists
- Particularly heavy, prolonged or painful periods
- Spotting or bleeding that occurs between periods
- Trouble emptying your bladder
- Unexplained low red blood cell count, also known as anemia
Also, The Mayo Clinic warns to seek prompt medical care if you have severe vaginal bleeding or sharp pelvic pain that comes on suddenly.