Mom Faces Charges after Her Son Exchanged Gunfire at His Middle …
Are Your Kids in Danger of Developing a Tic from TikTok?
Why Are Most People with Tic Disorders Female?
Add Folates to Your Diet to Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease?
The Dangers of Having Your Eyelid Glands Clogged by Makeup!
Is TikTok Influencing Tic Disorders?
Protect Your Eyesight by Not Applying Makeup Here!
Are Tics being Popularized amongst Teens on TikTok?
Why Homemade Alkaline Baby Formula Is Deadly for Babies
Meet Woman Who Shares She Developed Tics during the Pandemic
Are You Experiencing Dangerous Levels of Daily Stress?
A Dessert Chock-Full of the Superfood Sunflower Seeds!
Former NFL Player Lional “Jelly Roll” Dalton Is Now Helping Othe…
The Latest Superfood You Should Be Eating
How Former NFL Star Lional “Jelly Roll” Dalton Fought to Survive…
Do You Suddenly Feel Lost in Your Career and You’re Ready to Piv…
How Can Changes to Your Diet Help Prevent Cancer?
Why Are So Many People Quitting Their Jobs during the Pandemic?
Do You Have Job Burnout or Just Need a Vacation?
How to Take Control of Your Cancer Risk!
While discussing the case of a teen who took his own life after exchanging gunfire with police officers at a middle school, The Doctors share the signs of a possible school shooter parents need to be aware of.
The panel explains that some common similarities among school shooters can be:
- Feeling disenfranchised, feeling alone, not feeling understood by anyone
- Blaming others for their misfortunes, and taking no personal responsibility
- Wanting to leave a mark, and are willing to take on even negative attention
- Often being radicalized by online propaganda
- Victims of childhood abuse and neglect
- Triggered by stress or getting bullied
Clinical psychologists Dr. Lisa Strohman and Dr. Judy Ho share what parents should watch out in their child, which may include:
- A mood shift that is dramatic and out of character
- A major withdrawal from their friends, family, or interests
- Giving away belongings
- Asking how you would feel if they were not there anymore
- Talking about "judgment day"
They say oftentimes someone who commits a school shooting can seem very peaceful just before the incident, and Dr. Strohman says this because the person has already come to the decision to commit the violent act.
Dr. Strohman and Dr. Judy explain if a parent is concerned their child is exhibiting any of these signs to first speak with them and ask if they have ever had the urge or feeling to harm others, and they stress to not be afraid to ask direct questions and follow up with them, and they also note if a parent feels their child is going to cause imminent harm to contact authorities.