- Kale, collard, and mustard greens
- Bell and hot peppers
It is important that babies and children avoid eating food with pesticides, according to health experts, and a 2020 study consumption of pesticides can be linked to a loss of IQ and possible intellectual disabilities.
The group also released their "Clean Fifteen" list, which are the safest when it comes to pesticides use. The 15 best foods to eat include:
- Sweet corn
- Sweet peas (frozen)
- Honeydew melon
Some ways to reduce the level of pesticides on your produce, according to CNN health experts:
- Wash before eating - Using water can dramatically remove surface pesticides (*The US Food and Drug Administration recommends against the use of washing food with soap, detergent, commercial produce wash.)
- Buy organic when possible
- Buy fruits and vegetables that are in season and local
- Buy extra organic produce and then freeze to use later in the year
Find out more about the "Dirty Dozen" and "Clean Fifteen" food lists, here!