Dead Rattlesnake Bites Man?!
Ask an Expert: Should You Be Worried about Your Child's Birthmar…
The Doctors Dos and Don'ts for Putting Things 'Down There'
3 Tips for Cultivating More Gratitude and Kindness
What Is the Blue Poop Challenge -- And Should You Do It?
Is Drinking Chlorophyll Water Good for Your Health?
Can You Bring More Kindness and Compassion into Your Life?
How to Treat Summer Sandal Blisters
Is the TikTok Ab-Dance Worth Your Ten Minutes?
How to Treat Dry and Cracked Heels
How Long Should It Take for Your Food to Travel through Your Sys…
FDA-Approved Weight Loss Medication a Game Changer?
Legal Expert Wendy Murphy on the Importance of Public Uprisings
The Doctors' Best Dog Advice from Our Favorite Pet Lovers
Ask an Expert: How to Avoid Filler Fatigue
Ask an Expert: Are You Applying Sunscreen Wrong?
The Doctors Get Real about Popular TikTok Hacks
Ask an Expert: Essential Summer Sleep Tips to Beat the Heat
Ask an Expert: The Vital Post-Surgery Steps You Need to Follow
Cult Expert Rick Ross Identifies Popular Groups That Could Be Cu…
The following material contains graphic images that may be disturbing. Parents are advised that these images may not be suitable for young children.
The Doctors share a horrifying story of Milo, a man who killed a rattlesnake in his yard and then was bitten by the decapitated head when he went to dispose of it! Milo was given a massive dose of venom. Milo had DIC, or disseminated intravascular coagulation, internal bleeding, kidney failure and went into septic shock. Milo was given 26 doses of antivenom. The typical dose is 2-4! Let this be a lesson, a decapitated snake head can still bite you!
Milo is slowly recovering. He is on dialysis for his kidneys and has received several skin grafts. He was given a potentially lethal dose, stronger than a typical bite. Since the snake was dead, it didn’t have the normal control mechanism to hold back some of the venom. This is also why baby rattlesnakes are extremely dangerous because they haven’t learned to control their venom release yet.
If bitten by a snake, avoid all the internet DIY tips and get yourself to a hospital ASAP. Put whatever was bitten below the level of your heart. If possible, try and get a photo of the snake that bit you to know if it is poisonous or not. The Doctors share a photo of two snakes to illustrate how to tell which one is dangerous. Snakes hold venom in their cheeks so the diamond-shaped head of a snake is a good indication it is poisonous. A harmless garter snake, on the other hand, has an elongated face which is just an extension of its body.