Could your bad breath be a result of sinusitis? The Doctors weigh in!
Ear nose and throat specialist Dr. Andrew Ordon reveals that stinky breath (Find out the best way to check if you have bad breath, here!) is one of the major symptoms of sinusitis, explaining that when the sinuses become clogged, bacteria can grow, which can lead to an odor that travels from the nose into the mouth and throat.
In order to treat sinusitis, Dr. Ordon suggests nasal irrigations or if the issue becomes severe, antibiotics from your doctor could be needed.
* This complete sinus nasal rinse kit may help your sinus issues
In order to treat your bad breath -- in addition to checking with your dentist -- consider the following:
* Brush regularly and get an electric toothbrush, which can remove much more plaque than traditional brushing
* Do not forget to also floss regularly, a lack of flossing can lead to undesirable breathe
* Use a tongue scraper, as plaque can build up on the tonbgue and cause your breath to smell
* Rising with mouthwash after brushing, flossing and tongue scraping, which can also help to keep bad breath at bay
*CBSi may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something through featured links above.