Due to coronavirus/COVID-19, you are probably eating more frozen foods and trying to make fewer trips to the store and our friends at Tiller & Hatch are sharing food storage tips that can keep your food fresher for longer.
Fruits & Vegetables
- Do not store fruits and vegetables together because some fruits give off a ripening agent that can spoil vegetables quickly
- Give your vegetables some room in the produce drawer and allow some space and air in between
- Always put citrus fruits, berries, grapes and bell peppers in the refrigerator
Meats and Seafood
- Raw meats should be stored in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days and then placed in the freezer. (Get more information on how long frozen food items last from the USDA)
- Most frozen foods, like Tiller & Hatch, can last for many months in your freezer and are a simple and convenient meal!
*Tiller & Hatch is owned, in part, by The Doctors executive producer.