Do you have the right cleaning products in your home to effectively combat the coronavirus? The Doctors want to ensure you're doing everything possible and using the right products to keep your home and loved ones safe.
The Environmental Protection Agency recently released a list of disinfectants that are strong enough to defeat "harder to kill" viruses such as SARS-CoV-2. This 5-page list includes many common cleaning products you can find in a local store or online, which include:
The EPA also recommends these 6 steps for the safe and effective use of disinfectants:
- Ensure your cleaning product is EPA-approved
- Familiarize yourself with the product's directions, checking “use sites” and “surface types” to determine where you can use the product, also read the “precautionary statements”
- Pre-clean the surface, removing any existing dirt
- Follow the contact time, which can be found in the cleaner's directions
- Wear gloves while cleaning and wash your hands after
- Lock up cleaning products after using to ensure children do not gain access
Get more resources, tips, advice, and news on coronavirus/COVID-19 from The Doctors and stay informed on the latest information on the coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization and learn about prevention methods and what to do if you are infected.
*CBSi may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something through featured links above.