Have you heard the tip that you could poach an egg in the microwave? Well if you have, forget you did! One grandmother in the UK gave it a try and ended up in the ER. Diane placed an egg in a mug of water, microwaved it for 60 seconds, and when she took it out, it exploded! The egg sprayed onto her face, neck, chest and corner of her eye and left Diane with severe burns.
OB/GYN Dr. Nita Landry explains you are not supposed to put a whole egg in the microwave because of the pressure. However, she says you can put scrambled eggs in.
The Doctors point out that while we may not think of it that way, the microwave is a dangerous device. You need to use caution and remind kids to do so as well! Dr. Jedidiah Ballard shares that he saw several microwave injuries on children when volunteering at a children’s burn camp. Please, microwave with caution!