What Is Trauma Dumping -- And How to Handle It
Actress Elizabeth Röhm Shares Her Fertility Journey
Do You Have a Future Fertility Plan?
Half of Americans Are Not Getting Enough Vitamin D – Are You One…
The One-Pot Pasta Dinner with Protein and Vegetables
Rocket Scientist Reveals How to Live Your Best Life!
At-Home Pilates Moves Perfect for Beginners
3 Easy At-Home Pilates Moves to Activate Your Core
The Biggest Lie that Holds Us Back from Living the Life We Want
Dr. Phil McGraw Shares How to Spot a Narcissist
Ask an Expert: How to Sit or Stand at Your Computer for Better B…
Why Eczema Is Common in Infants and What You Can Do about It
Reality Star Jax Taylor Gets ‘Brotox’ Live!
Here Is Why You Are a Big Fan of Horror Movies and TV Series!
How Many Calories Can You Burn Watching a Scary Movie?
What Is the Best Way to Protect Your Babies Skin?
Is More Pandemic Screen Time Drying Out Your Eyes?
The Differences between ‘Brotox’ and Botox!
Reality Star Jax Taylor on Saying Goodbye to ‘Vanderpump Rules’!
Our brains process an average of 70,000 thoughts per day at an estimated speed of 260 miles per hour! It is working non-stop so it's important to keep it healthy. One viewer, Carliss, works herself to full capacity and she wants to make sure she keeps her brain sharp!
She is a mother who works at an aerospace engineering firm where she is also on an executive board for their employees. Additionally, she volunteers and raises money for multiple charities and just got licensed to be a life and health insurance agent! She has no plans of slowing down so she asks The Doctors how to support her brain health and performance.
Dr. Nita is joined by Dr. Hyla Cass, who is a spokesperson for the brand Neuriva, who shares tips on how to support your overall brain health and details how the four lobes of the brain control its function:
- Frontal Lobe - controls intelligence, concentration, emotions, and problem solving
- Partial Lobe - controls the sense of touch, pain and temperature
- Occipital Lobe - interprets color, light and movement
- Temporal Lobe - helps with the understanding of language, hearing, organizational skills, and memory
Carliss, who joins them in the audience, says she does feel overwhelmed at times but her motto is, "You can always do more!" To be able to do so, Dr. Cass and Dr. Nita share these tips to support brain performance:
- Eat foods like flaxseeds, avocado, fish and walnuts because unsaturated fats have been linked to better brain health.
- Enjoy your morning coffee or tea. A study found that caffeine can help with better mental function.
- Exercise your body. Physical activity helps with brain function. When appropriate, protect your brain with a helmet.
- Exercise your brain. Activities like drawing, puzzles, reading or playing an instrument can give your brain a workout.
- Take a supplement. Neuriva is a new brand of supplement that is dedicated to supporting brain health. It contains two clinically proven natural ingredients and fuels the six different indicators of brain performance:
If exercise for your brain has you stumped, Neuriva has an app that can help with that! Neuriva's brain gym app is both a web service and an app with scientifically based exercises and training to help access and track your progress. It's available for both Apple and Android.
Neuriva is available at both Walgreens and Walgreens.com. As always, talk to your doctor before starting a new supplement.
*Sponsored Ad Content by RB Health (US) LLC, makers of Neuriva