Is Sugar Really That Bad for You?
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share Blended Family Challenges
2 Breathing Techniques to Start Your Day
The Cancer Diagnosis That Saved Amy Robach's Marriage
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share How They Learned to Parent Toge…
How Breathing Can Help Your Mental and Physical Health!
Tools to Help You Accomplish Anything!
New Mom Was Told She Couldn’t Have Kids Due to PCOS
New Hope in the Fight Against HIV
Woman Shares Her Story of Growing Up with Facial Hair!
Why Cheese Is a Great Snack for Your Oral Health!
Nutritionist Shares Her Favorite Healthy Cheeses!
The Stigma of HIV Still at Play in Blood Donation?
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of PCOS?
Concerned You Might Have Type 2 Diabetes?
Could an HIV Vaccine Be Available Soon?
How to Take Control of Your Diabetes Risk!
Would You Hire Someone to Test Your Partner’s Loyalty?
Do You Know How to Muscle Floss?
Our brains process an average of 70,000 thoughts per day at an estimated speed of 260 miles per hour! It is working non-stop so it's important to keep it healthy. One viewer, Carliss, works herself to full capacity and she wants to make sure she keeps her brain sharp!
She is a mother who works at an aerospace engineering firm where she is also on an executive board for their employees. Additionally, she volunteers and raises money for multiple charities and just got licensed to be a life and health insurance agent! She has no plans of slowing down so she asks The Doctors how to support her brain health and performance.
Dr. Nita is joined by Dr. Hyla Cass, who is a spokesperson for the brand Neuriva, who shares tips on how to support your overall brain health and details how the four lobes of the brain control its function:
- Frontal Lobe - controls intelligence, concentration, emotions, and problem solving
- Partial Lobe - controls the sense of touch, pain and temperature
- Occipital Lobe - interprets color, light and movement
- Temporal Lobe - helps with the understanding of language, hearing, organizational skills, and memory
Carliss, who joins them in the audience, says she does feel overwhelmed at times but her motto is, "You can always do more!" To be able to do so, Dr. Cass and Dr. Nita share these tips to support brain performance:
- Eat foods like flaxseeds, avocado, fish and walnuts because unsaturated fats have been linked to better brain health.
- Enjoy your morning coffee or tea. A study found that caffeine can help with better mental function.
- Exercise your body. Physical activity helps with brain function. When appropriate, protect your brain with a helmet.
- Exercise your brain. Activities like drawing, puzzles, reading or playing an instrument can give your brain a workout.
- Take a supplement. Neuriva is a new brand of supplement that is dedicated to supporting brain health. It contains two clinically proven natural ingredients and fuels the six different indicators of brain performance:
If exercise for your brain has you stumped, Neuriva has an app that can help with that! Neuriva's brain gym app is both a web service and an app with scientifically based exercises and training to help access and track your progress. It's available for both Apple and Android.
Neuriva is available at both Walgreens and Walgreens.com. As always, talk to your doctor before starting a new supplement.
*Sponsored Ad Content by RB Health (US) LLC, makers of Neuriva