Follow these five handy guidelines to keep your food fresh and your family healthy!
1. Don’t store eggs in the refrigerator door.
2. Keep milk on the bottom shelf toward the back of your refrigerator, where the temperature is coldest.
3. Store raw meats on the bottom shelf of your refrigerator for longer preservation and to prevent meat juices from dripping down on other foods.
4. Store fruits and vegetables in the bottom drawers of the refrigerator. Additionally, don't wash fruits and vegetables until you are ready to eat them.
5. Use the refrigerator door to store cheese and butter.
• Tips to save money on groceries
• Dr. Sears' tips for storing medicines