The highest concentrations of B-12 can be found in animal products. The following are the top five foods for vitamin B-12:
1. Clams: These sea creatures can be eaten raw, baked, steamed or fried and provide the highest amount of B-12 you can eat.
2. Liver: Liver of most any animal is full of vitamin B-12, the highest being lamb, beef, veal, moose, turkey, duck and geese.
4. Fish: In addition to its high content of Omega-3s and protein, fish are also packed with B-12.
5. Beef: Lean, fat-trimmed chuck contains the most B-12 of any other cut of beef.
• Are vitamin B-12 energy shots safe?
• The lowdown on vitamin D
• Dr. Travis discusses vitamin supplements