Hollywood’s most sought-after skin guru, Kate Somerville, shares her most effective anti-aging secrets that help keep some of your favorite stars looking young and fresh. Kate’s number one piece of advice? Exfoliate.
“You should be exfoliating twice a week,” Kate says. “That’s what’s going to give you that gorgeous glow. It’s going to keep your skin youthful, and it will allow the other products that you spend a lot of money on to work better.”
Benefits of Exfoliation
• Detoxification of the skin
• Brightens the complexion
• Gets rid of dead, dull skin cells
• Reveals healthy, younger skin
• Reduces fine lines and sun damage
• Improves skin tone
• Kills bacteria and prevents breakouts
• Improves product penetration and treatment results
Exfoliate at Home
1. In the shower, soap body thoroughly, then rinse
2. Rub exfoliating scrub all over, then rinse
3. Towel dry
4. Apply your favorite body lotion
Do-It-Yourself Foot Facial
• ½ cup kosher salt (very coarse)
• 1 tablespoon Epsom salt
• 1 tablespoon tea tree oil
• 2 tablespoons mineral oil
• 1 tablespoon sodium bicarbonate
Massage paste onto your feet and leave for 10 minutes. Wash off and use a pumice stone to rub callused areas. Apply a glycolic pad (use a brand that contains 20 to 30 percent glycolic acid) and leave on for five minutes. Finish by moisturizing feet with lotion or cream.
Kate Somerville’s Anti-Aging Treatments
Kate shares more tips for revitalizing your skin and obtaining youthful glow.
• Learn more anti-aging beauty tips and treatments.