The following material contains mature subject matter. Viewer discretion is advised.
The Doctors discussed allegations that Charlie Sheen sexually assaulted former child actor Corey Haim while filming the movie "Lucas" in 1986. Sheen issued a statement denying the allegations. "Charlie Sheen categorically denies these allegations," a rep for the actor said in a statement.
The Doctors share some warning signs of sexual abuse .
If you suspect someone you know has been abused, these are some possible warning signs to look out for. According to the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress specific symptoms of sexual abuse can include:
- Withdrawal and mistrust of adults
- Secretiveness or unusual aggressiveness
- Sexual components to drawings and games
- Neurotic reactions (obsessions, compulsiveness, phobias)
- Habit disorders (biting, rocking)
It is crucial for victims of sexual abuse to seek counseling to decrease trauma and possible PTSD symptoms.