New Ways to Fight Allergies
Is the Key to Treating Autism in the Gut?
Charo Shares Fun Moves to Try at Home
How to Find a Reputable Dentist
TV Icon Charo Shares Her Secrets for Staying in Great Shape
How to Optimize Nutrition for a Child with Autism
When Does a Cavity Need a Filling?
Don’t Let Overactive Bladder Impact Activities – There Are Optio…
How Charo Uses Social Media to Help Struggling Fans
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share Their Blended Family Bliss
Is Sugar Really That Bad for You?
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share Blended Family Challenges
2 Breathing Techniques to Start Your Day
The Cancer Diagnosis That Saved Amy Robach's Marriage
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share How They Learned to Parent Toge…
Tools to Help You Accomplish Anything!
How Breathing Can Help Your Mental and Physical Health!
New Mom Was Told She Couldn’t Have Kids Due to PCOS
New Hope in the Fight Against HIV
Woman Shares Her Story of Growing Up with Facial Hair!
Do sneezing, runny nose, itchy throat and watery eyes sound familiar? Welcome to allergy season!
The Doctors are joined by Angela Patterson, Chief Nurse Practitioner Officer, MinuteClinic, and Vice President, CVS Health. She’s here to help us examine everything the nearly 50 million allergy suffers need to know about allergies – including tips on how to keep them at bay.
Most common causes of allergies include:
- Animal dander
- Dust mites
First, allergy sufferers should address triggers in their homes. Angela’s tips on managing allergies in the home include:
- Keep your windows closed if you are allergic to grass, pollen and trees and use your air conditioner.
- Take a shower and wash your hair if you have been outside to remove pollen from your hair.
- If animal dander is a trigger, do no keep your pets in your home.
- Use a mattress cover and change bedding often to help with dust mite allergies.
- Avoid contact with dust collecting items in the home such as curtains, carpet, and knickknacks.
- If you are sensitive to mold, use a dehumidifier to reduce mold and moisture.
It is also important to avoid possible mistakes when treating your allergies, including:
- Not anticipating and preparing for seasonal allergies; plan ahead when going to areas and regions that might trigger allergies
- Not being diligent about taking medications as prescribed and directed
- Ignoring symptoms and not seeking help from your medical provider
Those experiencing allergy symptoms should get tested to know what might affect them most and determine whether you have an environmental allergy issue or a food allergy. Remember that there are plenty of treatment options available to help ease allergy symptoms, including Xyzal Allergy 24HR. Xyzal offers allergy sufferers:
- All-day and all-night relief from symptoms
- The same effectiveness at hour 24 as hour 1
- Relief for nighttime symptoms for a more restful sleep when taken at night
In addition to clinically proven relief in just 60 minutes, Xyzal Allergy 24HR offers 24-hour symptom relief after just one day of use for 90 percent of allergy sufferers. It is also clinically proven to provide relief from both indoor and outdoor allergies.
Sponsored Content by Xyzal Allergy 24HR