'No Cheat' Cheesecake?
Ask an Expert: Should You Be Worried about Your Child's Birthmar…
The Doctors Dos and Don'ts for Putting Things 'Down There'
3 Tips for Cultivating More Gratitude and Kindness
What Is the Blue Poop Challenge -- And Should You Do It?
Is Drinking Chlorophyll Water Good for Your Health?
Can You Bring More Kindness and Compassion into Your Life?
How to Treat Summer Sandal Blisters
Is the TikTok Ab-Dance Worth Your Ten Minutes?
How to Treat Dry and Cracked Heels
How Long Should It Take for Your Food to Travel through Your Sys…
FDA-Approved Weight Loss Medication a Game Changer?
Legal Expert Wendy Murphy on the Importance of Public Uprisings
The Doctors' Best Dog Advice from Our Favorite Pet Lovers
Ask an Expert: How to Avoid Filler Fatigue
Ask an Expert: Are You Applying Sunscreen Wrong?
The Doctors Get Real about Popular TikTok Hacks
Ask an Expert: Essential Summer Sleep Tips to Beat the Heat
Ask an Expert: The Vital Post-Surgery Steps You Need to Follow
Cult Expert Rick Ross Identifies Popular Groups That Could Be Cu…
Can you really have your health and your cheesecake too? "MasterChef Junior" semifinalist Chef Jimmy has created a delicious and nutritious alternative to the decadent dessert.
Taste testers ER Physician Dr. Travis Stork, Plastic Surgeon Dr. Andrew Ordon, and Rosie Mercado agree that this cheesecake is a winner. Rosie has to check with Dr. Stork to make sure it’s really allowed on her Lose the Belly Diet program!
Chef Jimmy reveals the ingredients to his treat. Everything is natural and packed with nutrition – and free of artificial sweeteners and refined sugar. Dates are his secret weapon for sweetness and satisfaction.
Dr. Stork says it has everything he looks for in a healthy snack – fiber and protein!
Ingredients - Makes 6 Jars (8 oz.)
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups dates, pitted
- 1 ½ cups cashews, raw unsalted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. warm water
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 tbsp. gelatin
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 3/8 cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
1. First to make the crust add the dates, cashews, and salt to a blender or food processor, and mix until loose balls form, add warm water to help mixture come together. Put about a tablespoon of the mixture into each jar and press down into the bottom, then set aside.
2. Next, in a small mixing bowl, combine the gelatin and warm water and mix until dissolved and set aside.
3. Place dates in the blender and mix until finely chopped, add the strawberries and blend together until the strawberries and dates are both finely chopped. Add the cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and vanilla and blend until creamy. Next, add the gelatin mixture to the blender and mix again until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared jars and refrigerate overnight, or you can freeze for a thicker consistency.
4. Serve with fresh strawberries and enjoy!
© Chef Jimmy