Family Accidentally Killed by Pesticides?
Tips to Help You Break Your Smoking Habit
The FDA Authorized the First E-Cigarette Sparking Anger and Conf…
E-Cigarettes Might Help Some Adults, But Are Kids the Bigger Ris…
Can E-Cigarettes Help People to Quit Smoking?
Could E-Cigarettes Set Kids Up for Long-Term Addiction Issues?
Is an Addiction to E-Cigarettes Better Than Traditional Cigarett…
Why Are E-Cigarettes Not Being Regulated?
Are E-Cigarette Brands Interested in Helping People Quit or Gain…
‘We Must Protect Our Kids,’ Shares Mom Against Vaping
Is the Amount of Nicotine in E-Cigarettes Regulated?
Bravos Lilly Ghalichi Shares about Her Emergency Vascular Occlus…
Hear What Happened after Bravo Star Lilly Ghalichi Got Under Eye…
Are Leg-Lengthening Procedures Becoming More Popular?
Man Experiences Increased Sex Drive after a Leg-Lengthening Proc…
Moves That Can Boost Your Metabolism
Bravo Reality Star Lilly Ghalichi Shares Her Filler Nightmare
Lilly Ghalichi Warns of Facial Filler: 'If Something Doesn’t Fee…
Hear What a Leg-Lengthening Procedure Actually Entails!
Have You Seen These Nasal-Packing Gross-Out Videos on TikTok?
With news of 4 children from a family dying after being exposed to pesticides, The Doctors examine how to make your home safe from these possibly deadly chemicals.
A Texas family suffered 4 deaths and 5 people were sickened after being accidentally exposed to phosphine gas, which was released when water was sprayed on rodent pesticide pellets under their home. Tragically, the four deaths were three boys ages 7, 9 and 11, and a 17-year-old girl. The mother of the family and four of her other children were hospitalized due to exposure to fumes from the pesticides. The mom was left in critical condition following the incident.
Professional exterminator Nick Isaac joins us to share how you can prevent exposing yourself and your family to something like this.
Nick stresses always using a licensed professional when trying to get rid of pests in your home. He notes that the pellets used in this instance were not purchased legally and should have been only used by someone licensed to handle them. He also explains that the pesticide used do not emit a strong odor and the family had no idea that the fumes were seeping into their home.
So are pellets that are available at stores safe without a license? “They’re safe to a certain extent. You can’t just throw poison out underneath the house,” Nick warns, saying in this instance anyone could have come into contact with the poison.
His most important tip is to make sure that if poison is put out to make sure it is placed where only rodents and pests will have access to it and to never place somewhere a child or pet can get to it.
The Doctors stress again to hire a professional, contact the American Association of Poison Control Centers for more information, or if small rodents are the issue getting a cat might be the safest answer!