A doctor telling you to eat pizza? You read that correctly, Dr. Travis Stork is sharing a tasty and healthy pizza omelet recipe from his new book, “The Lose Your Belly Diet: Change Your Gut, Change Your Life.”
Dr. Stork calls this recipe “quick and easy” and says, “Good food doesn’t need to taste bad, and it doesn’t need to take forever to cook.” He explains the dish contains 2 servings of protein and 2 servings of vegetables and is something both kids and adults will like.
The Pizza Omelet recipe from Dr. Travis’ book, “The Lose Your Belly Diet”:
• Olive oil cooking spray
• 1/4 cup white/red onion, diced
• 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
• 1/4 cup green peppers, chopped
• 2 medium eggs
• 1/4 cup tomato sauce heated
• Dash of dried basil (or chopped fresh)
• 1-ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- Coat a small skillet with the olive oil cooking spray.
- Sauté vegetables until they are soft; drain mushroom liquid if desired.
- Scramble eggs in a glass bowl and pour over the vegetables.
- Stir slowly while cooking.
- Flip and cook to desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and top with tomato sauce, basil, and mozzarella cheese.
- Place under the broiler of oven or toaster oven until cheese melts.
"The Lose Your Belly Diet: Change Your Gut, Change Your Life" is published by Ghost Mountain Books, which is owned, in part, by The Doctors’ Executive Producer, Jay McGraw and is available at TheBookNook.com and everywhere books are sold.