E-Cigarette Nearly Kills 6-Year-Old
Is the Key to Treating Autism in the Gut?
Charo Shares Fun Moves to Try at Home
How to Find a Reputable Dentist
TV Icon Charo Shares Her Secrets for Staying in Great Shape
How to Optimize Nutrition for a Child with Autism
When Does a Cavity Need a Filling?
Don’t Let Overactive Bladder Impact Activities – There Are Optio…
How Charo Uses Social Media to Help Struggling Fans
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share Their Blended Family Bliss
Is Sugar Really That Bad for You?
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share Blended Family Challenges
2 Breathing Techniques to Start Your Day
The Cancer Diagnosis That Saved Amy Robach's Marriage
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share How They Learned to Parent Toge…
How Breathing Can Help Your Mental and Physical Health!
Tools to Help You Accomplish Anything!
New Mom Was Told She Couldn’t Have Kids Due to PCOS
New Hope in the Fight Against HIV
Woman Shares Her Story of Growing Up with Facial Hair!
When a dad reached for the liquid ibuprofen to treat his 6-year-old daughter's sprained ankle, he was shocked when her limbs began to jerk almost immediately. The dad took a sip of the liquid and quickly realized it wasn't children's ibuprofen but rather liquid nicotine that his wife uses in her e-cigarette.
The mom had allegedly used the container to mix her own e-cigarette liquid. This was a really bad case! The girl was treated for acute nicotine poisoning, placed on a ventilator and came close to losing her life.
This is a new and unexpected danger of e-cigarettes and according to The Surgeon General, we need to pay attention because the concentrations of nicotine in these liquids are very toxic.
ER Physician Dr. Travis Stork says, "She's lucky to be alive because she took 700 mg in, which 500 mg can kill an adult!" Even just a teaspoon of the liquid nicotine can cause death in a young child. Immediate reactions are nausea, vomiting, and seizures.
In just the last three years alone there were over 29,000 nicotine related poisonings among children under 6. The Doctors warn that you should never store something that can be toxic to your kids in any type of bottle that they would ever ingest.