Fitness Trainer Lacey Stone’s Favorite Fitness Apps!
How to Make a Healthy Stir-Fry the Whole Family Will Love
Tis’ the Season for the DIY Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board!
Why Sheet Pan Dinners Are All the Rage Right Now
Is Breakfast Really the Most Important Meal of the Day?
2 Easy Sheet Pan Meals for Busy Weeknights
What’s Trending: A Mini Version of Your Charcuterie Faves or ‘Th…
Chef Shares the Health Benefits of This Shrimp and Vegetable Sti…
Healthy Kid-Friendly Alternatives to Their Favorites Snacks!
Indulge Your Kid’s Sweet Tooth with These Healthier Hacks
Chef Jernard’s Top Tips for Jumpstarting Your New Year’s Resolut…
Healthy Plant-Based ‘Spaghetti’ Recipe to Start Your New Year Ri…
How to Teach Your Kids to Be Savvy about Their Content
Parents, Don’t Let Your Kids Try This TikTok Challenge at Home
Drs. Retail Therapy – Starting Jan 3rd
Wife Saved Husband after Boating Accident Nearly Took His Life
Fitness Expert Shares Transforming Your Body Starts in Your Mind
After 5 Surgeries Man Lost His Leg But Thankful for His Life
Fitness Expert Jennifer Jacobs Shares Tips to Make Your Health Y…
Thighplasty for Man Who Lost a Record 570 Pounds
Workout and diet plans can be expensive. But luckily there's an app for that! What are the top fitness apps to build your perfect body? Celebrity trainer Lacey Stone joins The Doctors to reveal the best of the bunch to help you eat healthy and stay in shape.
Watch: Finding Jeans That Fit!
"I think apps are great if you can't afford a trainer, or if you like working out at home, or if your traveling," shares Lacey. Here are her top three favorite apps to use for getting fit with just your phone!
My Fitness Pal
- This app allows you to put in your height and weight and it will give you the exact amount of calories you need to intake in order to reach your goal.
- It tells you how long it will take to reach your goal if you stay on track, which gives incentive.
- It has tons of recipes or you can scan the bar codes on your food or even input a recipe online using a URL to get an accurate read on the calories you are intaking.
Fitstar Personal Trainer
- It has quick customized workouts divided into 4 different segments: Get Strong, Get Lean, Daily Dose & Freestyle
- Get Strong helps you build your muscles and Get Lean is cardio based workouts.
- Lacey recommends 3 Get Lean and 2 Get Strong workouts per week if you're just starting out.
- You can also put in your weight, height and gender and it will give you the number of reps you need to do. There are even video examples of the moves.
Watch: Safe Sex App?
- This app is recommended for kids ages 5-14
- It features 5-30 minute workouts and each has a mix of fun exercises like diagonal hopping, crab walking, and hopping on one foot.
- Teachers and physical education specialists are putting the app to use in the classroom.
- Great way to keep the whole family active!