Nurses are so much more than many realize: they are educators, counselors, advocates, confidants, and friends. Prevention magazine is joining forces with The Doctors in a nationwide search to find America’s Most Amazing Nurse!
Colleagues, friends, and family are encouraged to nominate their “Most Amazing Nurse”; each entrant or nominee must have an active RN license or advanced nursing credential and must currently be working in the nursing field. Examples of qualifications include:
- Exceeds the standards for excellence in nursing care, education, or research
- Is viewed as a role model and/or mentor in their workplace or community
- Consistently goes above and beyond the day-to-day responsibilities of their position
- Has used their nursing skills to serve their country, volunteer for a non-profit organization, or otherwise provide care to those in need
- Has done something remarkable to improve the health of patients, their community, or the world
- Has implemented innovative ideas for improving their profession or health care in general
If you’d like to nominate a nurse or yourself, submit your story with a photo here by December 31st !
We’ll narrow the submissions to five finalists whose stories will be featured in Prevention magazine and on The Doctors! Each of the five finalists will be treated to a glamorous photo shoot and receive $1,000 for the charity of their choice. Then, during National Nurses Week in May, we’ll announce “America’s Most Amazing Nurse” and give them a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Iceland …. courtesy of Blue Lagoon and Wow Air!
So don’t wait - nominate an amazing nurse, today! For official rules and guidelines, click here.