America's Most Amazing Nurse Search
Is Sugar Really That Bad for You?
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share Blended Family Challenges
2 Breathing Techniques to Start Your Day
The Cancer Diagnosis That Saved Amy Robach's Marriage
Amy Robach and Andrew Shue Share How They Learned to Parent Toge…
How Breathing Can Help Your Mental and Physical Health!
Tools to Help You Accomplish Anything!
New Mom Was Told She Couldn’t Have Kids Due to PCOS
New Hope in the Fight Against HIV
Woman Shares Her Story of Growing Up with Facial Hair!
Why Cheese Is a Great Snack for Your Oral Health!
Nutritionist Shares Her Favorite Healthy Cheeses!
The Stigma of HIV Still at Play in Blood Donation?
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of PCOS?
Concerned You Might Have Type 2 Diabetes?
Could an HIV Vaccine Be Available Soon?
How to Take Control of Your Diabetes Risk!
Would You Hire Someone to Test Your Partner’s Loyalty?
Do You Know How to Muscle Floss?
Nurses are so much more than many realize: they are educators, counselors, advocates, confidants, and friends. Prevention magazine is joining forces with The Doctors in a nationwide search to find America’s Most Amazing Nurse!
Colleagues, friends, and family are encouraged to nominate their “Most Amazing Nurse”; each entrant or nominee must have an active RN license or advanced nursing credential and must currently be working in the nursing field. Examples of qualifications include:
- Exceeds the standards for excellence in nursing care, education, or research
- Is viewed as a role model and/or mentor in their workplace or community
- Consistently goes above and beyond the day-to-day responsibilities of their position
- Has used their nursing skills to serve their country, volunteer for a non-profit organization, or otherwise provide care to those in need
- Has done something remarkable to improve the health of patients, their community, or the world
- Has implemented innovative ideas for improving their profession or health care in general
If you’d like to nominate a nurse or yourself, submit your story with a photo here by December 31st !
We’ll narrow the submissions to five finalists whose stories will be featured in Prevention magazine and on The Doctors! Each of the five finalists will be treated to a glamorous photo shoot and receive $1,000 for the charity of their choice. Then, during National Nurses Week in May, we’ll announce “America’s Most Amazing Nurse” and give them a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Iceland …. courtesy of Blue Lagoon and Wow Air!
So don’t wait - nominate an amazing nurse, today! For official rules and guidelines, click here.