Family medicine physician Dr. Rachael Ross takes a trip to the drug store with Super Coupon Queen Jill Cataldo to learn how to get the most bang for your buck.
Jill says that some drug stores offer cash back deals in addition to their sales prices, so you can actually MAKE money by shopping! Plus, by stacking manufacturer coupons with store coupons, you can save even more cash on your favorite items.
Want more tips and tricks to save more on your next shopping trip? Check out these bonus tips from Jill:
- To maximize your coupons, don’t rush out and use them right away. Wait to use them in conjunction with sales to save 50 percent or greater over the regular price.
- Following sales and matching the sales with coupons can save you more than shopping the “everyday low prices” at various supercenter stores.
- Sales generally run in 12-week cycles. So, it’s a good idea to stock up on your favorite items, since it will be another 12 weeks until it goes back on sale.
- The point is not to stock up for years, but to stock up in the short-term.
- Take advantage of cash back deals from pharmacies. It’s free money and only adds to your savings!
- Toothpaste is often the best product to get the most savings, if you’re not brand dependent.
- It’s always cheaper in the short-term to buy new razors than to buy razor blade refills.