Dangers of Marijuana for Dogs
Tips to Help You Break Your Smoking Habit
The FDA Authorized the First E-Cigarette Sparking Anger and Conf…
E-Cigarettes Might Help Some Adults, But Are Kids the Bigger Ris…
Can E-Cigarettes Help People to Quit Smoking?
Could E-Cigarettes Set Kids Up for Long-Term Addiction Issues?
Is an Addiction to E-Cigarettes Better Than Traditional Cigarett…
Why Are E-Cigarettes Not Being Regulated?
Are E-Cigarette Brands Interested in Helping People Quit or Gain…
‘We Must Protect Our Kids,’ Shares Mom Against Vaping
Is the Amount of Nicotine in E-Cigarettes Regulated?
Bravos Lilly Ghalichi Shares about Her Emergency Vascular Occlus…
Hear What Happened after Bravo Star Lilly Ghalichi Got Under Eye…
Are Leg-Lengthening Procedures Becoming More Popular?
Man Experiences Increased Sex Drive after a Leg-Lengthening Proc…
Moves That Can Boost Your Metabolism
Bravo Reality Star Lilly Ghalichi Shares Her Filler Nightmare
Lilly Ghalichi Warns of Facial Filler: 'If Something Doesn’t Fee…
Hear What a Leg-Lengthening Procedure Actually Entails!
Have You Seen These Nasal-Packing Gross-Out Videos on TikTok?
Marijuana can have amazing health benefits when prescribed and used correctly. However, when the potent drug gets into the wrong paws, it can have devastating effects.
With the recent legalization of marijuana in several U.S. states, veterinarians have noted an uptick in the number of cases of accidental ingestion by pets. Additionally, some dog owners have posted videos to social media showcasing their intentional drugging of their pet to see the animal's reaction.
“This is not funny for the animal,” veterinarian Dr. Karen Halligan says. “They don’t get high. It's a toxin; it's poisonous; and sometimes they die.”
Dr. Halligan notes that newly developed marijuana edibles are particularly dangerous to animals due to their high concentration of the chemical THC, which can lead to death in rare cases.
Signs your pet may have been exposed to marijuana:
• Uncontrollable urination
• Seizing, depending on how much they consumed
• Can be unconscious
If your pet is exhibiting any of these symptoms, and you think he or she may have accidentally ingested marijuana, take them to a veterinarian immediately. Dr. Halligan notes that once your pet has metabolized it, there should not be any long term consequences.