In September, Amy, 38, suffered sudden cardiac arrest while at work. She didn't show any warning signs beforehand, and despite a quick response by paramedics, Amy went approximately 20 minutes without a heartbeat. See her amazing story.
• More on life-saving hypothermia.
• First line of defense against cardiac arrest.
• Must-know CPR techniques.
• Learn how to perform CPR on an infant.
• Test your heart health knowledge.
• Tips for surviving a heart attack.
• Heart attack action plan.
The Doctors' Cold Lab
Plastic surgeon Dr. Drew Ordon takes you inside The Doctors' Cold Lab to demonstrate surprising icy solutions for better skin!
Reduce puffiness and signs of aging with The Doctors' Popsicle Facial!
• Mix green tea with 16 oz cold water
• Mix 8 oz of vitamin E oil
• Mix 16 oz grapefruit juice (natural, not from concentrate)
• Fill 2 ice cube trays and place in freezer
• Before cubes freeze completely, place tooth picks or popsicle sticks in each cube
• Grapefruit juice contains acidic pulp, which will alleviate oily skin. It also contains vitamin C, which promotes healthy cell growth.
• Vitamin E oil contains antioxidants that prevent the effects of aging, and is high in alpha tocopherol, which can prevent sun damage and dryness.
• Green tea also contains antioxidants that eliminate free radicals from the skin and promote healthy pigmentation.
"Ice Cream" Pedicure
Katie Carzola, owner of The Painted Nail in Los Angeles, explains how to give your feet a sweet treat!
• Find out where you can get the "Ice Cream" Pedicure.
Learn the surprising benefits of cold!