Are you always ailing, but can't pinpoint the source? Learn how to get rid of bad health habits, reverse chronic pain and whittle away your waistline!
In January, The Doctors and Dr. Phil McGraw kicked off the 17 Day Diet Challenge to help Team Doctors, Team Dr. Phil and you lose weight and get healthy! Based on The 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno, the program helps you whittle your waistline and shed pounds fast.
After the teams completed Cycle 1, they weighed in on The Doctors, with Team Dr. Phil coming out on top.
The teams have completed Cycle 2, and are ready to weigh in again!
• Enter for a chance to win a one-month membership to Gold's Gym!
• Reached your goal weight? Get tips for maintaining your weight loss.
• SALE: Get your copy of The 17 Day Diet at a great price today!
• Dr. Mike answers your questions about the 17 Day Diet.
• It's never too late to join the 17 Day Diet Challenge and start changing your life!
Surprising Pain Triggers
Do you have an ache that you just can't pinpoint the source of? Learn some surprising triggers from everyday activities.
If you stash your wallet in your back pocket, it often rests directly over the piriformis muscle, which is located above the sciatic nerve. When you sit down on the wallet, it can compress and irritate the nerve, causing pain, numbness and possible spine misalignment.
Solution: Use a smaller wallet and make sure you aren't sitting directly on top of it.
Frequent typing on a smartphone can cause arthritis at the base of the thumb in people as young as 30.
Solution: Take a break from texting, and try exercises, such as squeezing a tennis ball, to strengthen your hand.
Trigger: Your Workstation
A poorly positioned chair can cause you to slouch forward, which strains the back and neck.
Solution: Make sure your workstation is set up correctly, so you are sitting up straight and not straining your body.
Trigger: Sleep Habits
Stomach sleepers may twist their necks to the point of hyperextension, while side sleepers often put pressure on their shoulders.
Solution: Sleep on your back or on your side with your arms below shoulder level.
• More sleep tips!
• Have you ever finished a meal, but your stomach still growls for more? Learn the causes of hunger pangs and how to prevent them.
• More than 200 million Americans suffer from back pain. Pain management specialist Dr. Ken Reed reveals a breakthrough laser procedure that can put an end to the agony.
Breaking Bad Habits
Bad habits can have long-lasting effects on your health, but it's not too late to break those harmful patterns and reverse the damage!