Dr. Roshini Raj, gastroenterologist and author of What the Yuck?: The Freaky and Fabulous Truth about Your Body, helps The Doctors answer your most embarrassing problems!
"On a daily basis, I deal with these 'gross topics,'" Dr. Raj says. "What I find is my patients — even though we all go through these things [like] gas, diarrhea, whatever — they're embarrassed about talking about it."
Normal or Not?
The Doctors play a game of "Normal or Not," and reveal whether certain body problems are normal ... or not!
• Do you have issues that make you go "What the Yuck?!" Send them to The Doctors!
Taking fish oil pills with omega-3 fatty acids is great for heart health, but the supplements can cause embarrassingly odoriferous burps. Dr. Raj shares simple tips to squelch the belches:
• Store pills in the freezer. The colder temperature will allow them to break down more slowly in your digestive system.
• Take the supplements with meals.
• Take the supplement in capsule form, rather than liquid form.
• Take a higher-grade pharmaceutical supplement, which will leave less of an aftertaste.
Motherhood Survival Club
The Doctors Motherhood Survival Club is a place for open and honest conversations with moms, mom-experts and celebrity moms. OB/GYN Dr. Lisa Masterson is joined by new mom and natural food chef Bethenny Frankel, pediatrician Dr. Ari Brown, journalist and mommy blogger Rene Syler, and the newest featured Motherhood Survival Club, the Organically Sassy Mamas, from San Diego, California!