Have you been making unhealthy food choices in-between meals? The Doctors are here to help with 15 tasty and nutritious snacks, desserts, and smoothies that will keep you satisfied until your next meal.
Healthy Snacks to Enjoy In-between Meals
- We love this protein-packed snack made from chickpeas that tastes like cinnamon toast crunch -- it will fill you up and satisfy your sweet tooth
- Yogurt makes a great healthy snack and this natural fruit sauce recipe with chia seeds will elevate your next snack
- Veggies and a dipping sauce can be a healthy snack and we enjoy this recipe for coconut milk ranch dressing which pairs well with carrots, celery, broccoli and peppers
- Before you reach for a bag of chips when you feel hungry, consider this chip made from cauliflower, which is more nutritious than your average chip
* Make snacking on the go easier with these reusable food-grade storage bags, which are easy to pack in your bag for a day out.
Desserts with Less Guilt and More Nutrition
- Keri Glassman shares that dessert can be healthy and still satisfy your sweet tooth and her recipes for her Coconut Pumpkin Custard, Chocolate Sweet Potato Cupcakes, and Frozen Hot Chocolate Smoothie will hit the spot without making you go off the rails
- If sugar intake is a concern, Devin Alexander's low-sugar recipe for her Pumpkin Pie Bites can be a sensible treat after a healthy dinner
- We love to indulge -- or think we are indulging -- and Chelsey Amer's sweet cheat recipes for Chunky Monkey Pudding, Brownie Pizza, and Carrot Cake Waffles sure feel like a decadent dish but are still healthy
- If you love cookie dough -- and who doesn't -- this recipe is packed with protein and made with almonds, honey and coconut making it a healthier take on this classic treat
- Make your next batch of baked goods healthier with this recipe for coffee-infused cookies from food trend expert Max Lugavere
* Add some style to your next dessert in these 5-star rated colorful bowls, and they will also help you with portion control!
Healthy Smoothies That Satisfy and Keep You Going
- Get your afternoon boost with Dr. Ian Smith's green energizing fiber-filled smoothie recipe made with oranges, banana, coconut water, grapes, pineapple, pear, apple, kale
- This smoothie recipe -- made with avocado, dark chocolate, Greek yogurt, and almond milk -- is said to help improve focus
- Mona Sharma's smoothie recipe is filled with blueberries, jicama, hemp seeds, spirulina, ginger, spinach, almond milk, and coconut water and will help add some magic to your morning
- This cauliflower chocolate smoothie might sound odd, but it can help cut down on your sugar while still indulging your sweet tooth, and the taste of the cauliflower is hidden by cacao powder, almond milk, and vanilla
- When the temperature drops, try our hot apple cider smoothie recipe which is packed with healthy ingredients like cinnamon, ginger, spinach and green apples
- Our chocolate maca banana smoothie recipe will feel like you're enjoying milkshake but is packed with nutritious ingredients
* Is it time to invest in a new blender? Check out this well-priced and highly rated blender and this more extravagant blender -- both will help you whip up your next healthy frozen drink!
Looking for even more healthy food and meal ideas? Get all of the recipes seen on The Doctors!
*CBSi may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something through featured links above.