This healthy caramel apple recipe is one of the most popular posted by The Doctors' community members.
• 1 1/2 cups pitted dates, soaked overnight and drained
• 4 tablespoons raw cashew butter
• 2 – 3 tablespoons mesquite powder
• 5 or more apples, preferably organic
• 5 or more popsicle sticks
• Optional toppings: chopped nuts, shredded coconut, chocolate shavings, seeds of choice, etc.
1. Blend the dates, cashew butter, mesquite powder and salt in a food processor to make a thick, smooth paste. Stop blending periodically in order to scrape down the sides of the processor and to shove all of the ingredients back towards your blending blade.
2. Insert the tip of each popsicle stick into an apple.
3. Using a butter knife, coat each apple with the caramel sauce.
4. If desired, sprinkle on optional toppings.
5. Serve right away, or line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper, place the caramel apples on it (popsicle sticks pointing upwards) and refrigerate.