Purple Potato Recipe
"When it comes to lowering blood pressure, you don't always have to reach for that pill," E.R. physician Dr. Travis Stork says. Instead, food can be your medicine.
Dr. Travis explains that two servings of purple potatoes a day, could help lower your blood pressure by 4 percent.
Dr. Travis and Liz Vaccariello, editor-in-chief of Reader's Digest, demonstrate how to make an easy purple potato recipe.
• 1 pound of purple majesty potatoes
• Rice bran oil
• Sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons of minced fresh rosemary leaves
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop raw purple potatoes and place on a cookie sheet.
3. Drizzle potatoes with rice bran and sesame seed oil.
4. Evenly distribute rosemary over potatoes.
5. Place potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes or until browned.
6. Let cool for three minutes and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like:
• Chef Curtis Stone's Lbido-Boosting Three-Course Meal
• Chaz Bono's Juice Recipe
• Top 6 Most-Pinned Recipes
Sign Up for the Newsletter | Show Page |Talk about the Show | Join The Doctors Social Network
Allergies | Anti-Aging | Cosmetic Surgery | Fitness & Weight Loss
Parenting | Pregnancy | Recipes | Safety | Sex