Hungry Girl's Death-by-Chocolate Brownies
Lisa Lillien, aka The Hungry Girl and best-selling author of Hungry Girl to the Max!The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook, brings a special, low-calorie dessert recipe for E.R. physician Dr. Travis Stork to try: Death-by-Chocolate Brownies!
“For those of you who don’t know, brownies are my guilt food!" Travis says, laughing.
• 1 sugar-free chocolate pudding snack with 60 calories or less
• 1/3 cup chocolate frosting
• 2 tablespoons light chocolate syrup
• 1 box moist-style devil’s food cake mix (15.25 to 18.25 ounces)
• One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
• 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
3. In a medium bowl, mix pudding, frosting and syrup. Cover and refrigerate.
4. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix cake mix, pumpkin and chocolate chips. (Batter will be thick.) Spread mixture into baking pan.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
6. Let cool completely.
7. Evenly spread pudding mixture over brownies.
8. Refrigerate until topping is set, about 15 minutes.
9. Slice and enjoy! (Refrigerate leftovers.)
Serving size: 1 brownie
• 174 calories
• 4g fat
• 288mg sodium
• 33.5g carbs
• 1.5g fiber
• 19.5g sugars
• 2g protein
For more information about the products mentioned on this show, please go to Related Resources
Sign Up for the Newsletter| Show Page | Talk about the Show | Join The Doctors Social Network
Allergies | Anti-Aging | Cosmetic Surgery | Fitness & Weight Loss
Parenting | Pregnancy | Recipes | Safety | Sex