17daydiet_club_690x150

Hot Lemon Water

Subscribe to Hot Lemon Water 24 posts, 12 voices

565_medium BellaBearGirl 304 posts

Okay, am I crazy? I know I’m supposed to start the day with warm lemon water, but I can’t find the page in the book where it talks about this. Does it? Or did someone on this site say to begin the day with lemon water, and now I’m assuming it’s part of the diet. When I look at the sample menus, it isn’t mentioned. The reason I’m asking is that I bought a bag of lemons (I’ve been using a squirt bottleZ) and I’m wondering if I put 1/2 lemon in or less. Thanks!

Picture_941_medium escapefromoz 9 posts

Yup it’s part of the diet, page 48, Wake up drink – every morning, as soon as yourise, drink one 8 ounce cup of hot water, squeeze half a lemon into the cup; the lemon stimulates your digestive juices.

www.mhillier2011.blogspot.com/

Photo_41_medium melissaw72 4595 posts

I read on these threads someone said it helped in weight loss.  Maybe if  you google it, it would say more.  I’ll have to do that too.

Melissa.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4891833_use-water-lemon-weight-loss.html

Here is one…

Melissa.

Thanks to all. I even had it highlighted in my book and STILL didn’t see it. Just another senior moment!

Misc_pics_264_medium Fleen111 7 posts

It is taking everything in me to tolerate drinking this every morning…But, Im doing it!!!

fleen111…try drinking it through a straw real fast.

Melissa.

Icon_missing_medium niclongs 2 posts

Is lemon juice, REAL LEMON ok out of container it says it is pure lemon juice?

niclongs… yes, it is ok to use.  I use lemon juice everyday too.

Melissa.

You’ll just want to use 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice since that’s equivalent to 1/2 lemon.

One other thought: I squeeze 2 lemon quarters in a glass of water each morning. Then I just pour water into the same glass throughout the day. It picks up a vague lemon taste. At the end of the day, I put the lemon quarters down the disposal to freshen it!

One other thought: I squeeze 2 lemon quarters in a glass of water each morning. Then I just pour water into the same glass throughout the day. It picks up a vague lemon taste. At the end of the day, I put the lemon quarters down the disposal to freshen it!

Icon_missing_medium tkubiak1 21 posts

I love the 17 Day Diet, but have trouble drinking the warm lemon water. I
tried adding Truvia to it and still no luck. I’ve resorted to adding a
green tea packet to it (1/2 Lemon + Lipton Green Tea/Cranberry
Pomegranate flavored + one Truvia packet) and I LOVE it! Is this okay to count as my daily lemon water? I still drink 3 more green teas throughout the day.

ykubiak ,  I don’t see  any reason why you can not drink that everyday.  As long as you are getting the 3 green teas in and a cup of daily lemon water somehow, IMO it sounds ok to me.  If anyone differs please post.

i also read on-line somewhere that is if the lemon squeeze bottles say “organic” on them, they are considered the same thing as lemons.  Otherwise not, but did not specify kinds.  It is because the lemon juice in a squeeze container loses properties (ie antioxidants, etc) during the processing part before the lemon juice is the squeeze container.  I dont remember what I googled but I know this is what I read.  Anyone else read this?

Melissa.

Icon_missing_medium joyce cmi 4 posts

the hot water with the juice of half a lemon is to get your digestive juices going

yeah but is some of the lemon juice in a squeeze bottle the same as 1/2 real lemon?

Melissa.

Icon_missing_medium tkubiak1 21 posts

I personally can’t use the bottled lemon juice – I think it has a bad after-taste. I’ll take the fresh squeezed anytime.

Icon_missing_medium calikari66 7 posts

Sorry if this has been asked, but I like it w cold water. I’m looking it up right now to see if it has to be warm water. Anyone know for sure?

NEVER MIND… it says HOT… Okay, okay. LOL

Icon_missing_medium ktykar 15 posts

Does it HAVE TO BE HOT??

I do not like the hot water either..

ktykar…I drank it luke warm.

Melissa.

Icon_missing_medium jen1781 2 posts

I’m on day 3 and I’ve been drinking it warm with a packet of truvia. Kinda tastes like warm lemonade.

I don’t think the warm lemon water tastes bad either.

Melissa.

Icon_missing_medium deborahd13 5 posts

I can’t drink the lemon water, it burns my stomach too much. Feels like I’m drinking acid. Is there a page where I can ask the doctors about this?

Moderatoricon_medium TheDoctorsBo... 1473 posts

Please direct any questions specific to the 17 Day Diet Book to http://www.facebook.com/17daydiet

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes

Procamsd5065_no_2_bethesda_md_vl_browse

Tips to Lower
Cholesterol

Procamsd6082_carrie_underwood_beauty_secret_vl_browse

Carrie Underwood’s