17daydiet_club_690x150

Forums 17 Day Diet Recipes Parmesan Asparagus - Cycle 1

Parmesan Asparagus - Cycle 1

Subscribe to Parmesan Asparagus - Cycle 1 6 posts, 5 voices

Icon_missing_medium kentuckyann 29 posts

I’ve never been big on asparagus but I found this recipe at allrecipes.com the other day and decided to try it. Yummy! Even my 4-year-old granddaughter liked it.

Parmesan Asparagus

10 medium fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese (fat free if you can find it)
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt

Brush asparagus spears with oil; place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 6 minutes; turn asparagus. Bake 6 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender. Combine grated Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; sprinkle over asparagus.

Icon_missing_medium kentuckyann 29 posts

This is for Cycle 1. Forgot to add that to the title.

Icon_missing_medium biker mama 33 posts

sounds good – hadn’t thought of adding the cheese! 

If you are not a real fan of asparagus, or any vegetable for that matter, you might want to spray them with Pam (or use a little of your olive oil), salt and pepper them.  Roast at 400 degrees for about 5 min – check for doneness…you would be supprised how delicious “boring” vegetables can be when roasted.  My personal favorite is onion!

Fern Myterrace 16 posts

Thanks for the idea of roasting our vegetables instead of steaming them. It will be a welcomed change. The added cheese sounds like it would make it very tasty. Thanks again.

Hpim2451_medium ottersln 11 posts

I make this but I steam my asparagus and then add ,my topping and place under the broiler for justa few minutes.

Icon_missing_medium IckleJP 2 posts

I have been making this long before I started the 17DD.  I use season salt sometimes instead of garlic and it work s well with broccoli, chopped tomatoes (9in chunks) or green beans.  My 3 year old actually gets excited when he sees me making this!

Forums 17 Day Diet Recipes Parmesan Asparagus - Cycle 1

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Procamsd6077_dr_travis_in_the_kitchen_vl_browse

Dr. Travis'
Quick-Fix Spinach
Lasagna