17daydiet_club_690x150

Forums 17 Day Diet Challenge - Team The Doctors Can I drink milk during the diet, if so what kind

Can I drink milk during the diet, if so what kind

Subscribe to Can I drink milk during the diet, if so what kind 40 posts, 12 voices

Efrain_n_pearl_medium efriend17 431 posts

Hello, the book does not include milk. Can milk be drunk, if so what kind. Also can I drink coffee during the diet? Any help will do.

Icon_missing_medium Jordan69s 157 posts

Hey there efriend!

If you like to have milk, you can have Almond milk as best choice, or rice milk if you can not find Almond milk. A would think that a cup of coffee would be ok if that would help you keep you in track!

Welcome aboard :)

Jordan

Me_and_daph_medium calliezop 46 posts

Milk is not allowed on the diet until phase 3—and then you can have one to two servings daily of a probiotic, dairy, or dairy substitute. Low fat milk, including skim—1 cup = 1 serving. Hope this helps!! No Dairy until Cycle 3 of the program :)

Thank you so much guys that was helpful. It feels good to know there is help and others care. Thanks a lot Jordan and Calliezop for your reply.

Icon_missing_medium misanjazz 13 posts

coffee and tea are allowed but are negative waters pg.29. I have coffee, I drink white tea, which has less prossessing, leaves are dried not ferminted, has more antioxidents. I also use grape seed oil & olive oil. Milk is a no no except low-fat acidophilus milk. pg 45.
My problem is I really don’t like fish. I like salmon. I am going to try a couple of the choices. I like a very mild fish taste.

Since dairy milk is not allowed that is why I recommended almond milk, which is a non dairy (want to be milk product); for those of you that like to keep “milk” in your diet….

And you are very welcome efriend17! This is a great forum that allow us to help each other reach our goals. How is your progress going?

Jordan

Dscn0605_medium InWestKY 39 posts

misanjazz…I don’t like fish that tastes fishy. However, I love both salmon and tilapia. Give the tilapia a try…it’s great. I’ve tried it with a wide variety of seasonings on it. My mom loves it with lemon pepper on it.

Thanks, InWestKY I bought 2 fresh fellets yesterday, My husband wants to BBQ it. We BBQ everything, even the vegies, a little spray butter, garlic & lime juice, Really good
Where in KY are You, my daughter is in Murrary Ky

I’m about 45 minutes away from your daughter in Paducah. I do a lot of grilling but not when it’s this cold outside!!

Thanks Jordan for your input.

My very pleasure my friend :)  Feel free to ask any questions…..

Weight_scale_medium DoingThis 258 posts

One of my biggest hurdles will be to stop drinking hot tea with cream and sugar in it. I hate to admit this, but I work nights and I drink probably 4 coffee pots full of hot tea all night long.

DoingThis, Look for some cream substatute that has no cals, and use stivia, or sugars substatute, Add plane water in between some of the teas. I drink a lot of ice tea. I stopped using cream and sugar in my coffee 25 yrs ago, because of all the calories I was consumning. I was able to visulize a ton of calories being put into one cup.

Photo_41_medium melissaw72 4586 posts

To DoingThis….have you tried different flavors of tea like the mint green tea, lemon green tea….for variety?

Melissa.

Thanks again Jordan69s

Icon_missing_medium jenn2010 4 posts

the book said you can drink a cup of acidolphulus milk for one of your probiotics. but imhaving a hard time finding this. i love milk to

I agree. I went shopping today and did not find any acidolphulus milk. I think we can get it at a speciality store

Can you ask you local grocery store person?  They may know, and/or may order it for you.

Melissa.

Good idea I will next time I go shopp[ng.

misaniazz and melissaaw72…I have tried green tea once and thought it was gross. But I will have to get over that. I’ll be looking into sugar substitutes as well as cream substitutes…or just get over it and drink water only. lol I need to do this! This tea can’t be healthy for me! 4 coffee pots full a night of tea? I really can’t wait for the book to get here! I have to go grocery shopping today and wish I knew what to buy!

to DoingThis…….I don’t have the book, but from all the posts in the threads about this diet, I (in general) got turkey, apples, blueberries, peaches, (etc—low sugaar fruits, not bananas, watermelon and another one that my went blank on me) veggies on that list (it is posted somewhere—the veges that are ok—ones that aren’t starchy like corn and peas.  There is also chicken and fish on the list (about 6 or 7 specific types).  Maybe it you start a thread about it someone can provide a link to the list of foods, or write it out for you.  Some people who have the book have been kind enough to do that.  And if there is a specific thread, maybe people can find it easier.  It might work, worth a try!

here is some more info I just found….

You are supposed to drink a glass of water with 1/2 a lemon squeezed in it. Plus eight 8oz glasses of water daily.
You drink green tea with every meal. You can use truvia to sweeten it.
I usually eat eggs with veggies or yogurt and fruit for breakfast.
For lunch and dinner you eat lean proteins liberally… chicken breast, turkey, ground turkey, light tuna in water, tilapia, salmon, flounder, cat fish. Pair it up with veggies from the list. There are a lot of veggies on the list but, there are also a lot that are not on the list so be careful.
Some good choices would be cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, spinach, tomato, onions, artichokes, bell peppers, carrots, celery cucumber, eggplant, green beans, kale, leeks, lettuce all types, mushrooms, parsley scallions, garlic. I am sure there are some I missed.
you are also supposed to eat 2 servings of fruit and probiotics daily
apples, berries all types, grapefruit, orange, peach, pear, plum, prunes, red grapes.
probiotics include all types of yogurt6oz., yakult, 1/2c. breakstones live active cottage cheese, 1/2c.saurkraut, 1c. low-fat acidophilus milk, 1c.kefir

you need 1-2 TBSP. daily of healthy fats..flaxseed oil or olive oil

Melissa.

DoingThis…I’ve never liked any kind of tea hot or cold…not looking forward to the green tea either

Thank you Melissa!! I really appreciate this list!!!

You are welcome DoingThis :)  Glad i could help.  I found it from the messageboards.

Melissa.

InWestKY…I hate all kinds of tea except black tea with cream and sugar. I’m gonna hate the tea part but I hate this fat even more!

I just pulled out a whole turkey and 2 packets of skinless boneless chicken breasts to defrost. I figure I’m safe cooking these to start with while waiting for the book to get here.

Forums 17 Day Diet Challenge - Team The Doctors Can I drink milk during the diet, if so what kind

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Procamsd6082_carrie_underwood_beauty_secret_vl_browse

Carrie Underwood’s
Beauty Secret

Summertime_safety_tips_vl_browse

Summer Safety Tips

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes