Bunion Surgery

Subscribe to Bunion Surgery 9 posts, 9 voices

Icon_missing_medium ohioavonlady 2 posts

I noticed the patient had pink nail polish on during and after surgery.

I always was told all nail polish must be removed before any surgery. Has this changed?

One reason I was given was to check for proper circulation and the other was to keep the chance of infection down.

Icon_missing_medium NikkiLeigh 1 post

Since birth I have had what one doctor described as “the most impressive” tailor’s bunions he’d ever seen.  I’m wondering if this surgery would work for tailor’s bunions.  I can’t say that I’m in a lot of pain because it’s something I’ve never not had, but I sure would like to be able to wear any shoe I want.  It would be great to not have to wear a cast for two months and have my feet fixed!

Icon_missing_medium daduke 2 posts

I am the wife of a podiatrist and have been managing his practice of 30 years. I asked him about the tightrope bunion sugery you demonstrated on yesterday’s show. He said that is a very bad procedure because the “tightrope” can pull on the metatarsals and cause them to fracture. I think you might want to check out these “new” techniques or at least discuss the potential problems as a result of this surgery. And the 2 month completely off your feet is wrong also. Although patient’s in his practice are not allowed to wear regular shoes, he provides them with surgical boots and requires two weeks completely off your feet and then some walking with the protective boot.

Icon_missing_medium wdplus 1 post

Do any doctors in the Cleveland, Ohio area perform the “tight-rope” procedure?

Icon_missing_medium PARISHOFFICE 1 post

i WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE TIGHTROPE SURGERY AND WONDER HOW MUCH IT COST AND WHERE IT WAS PERFORMED I WOULD BE A PRIVATE PATIENT

Goose_creek_debbie_medium debster5 1 post

After watching todays’ episode involving bunions, I felt like there was hope to my own problem I suffer with my right foot/bunion. I went to a podiatrist several months ago, and too was told that I would need to stay off my feet for approx 2 months! What! I’am a RN and work in a very busy ER.. how can I possible do that? I cant! After seeing this tight rope procedure, I was very impressed with the outcome. I would like more information, as to: Is there anyone in the Raleigh, NC area that does this procedure Is this right for me?? My bunion problem is almost identical to the guest on the show today. I desparetley want to correct/fix/solve my bunion problem. I work 12 hr shifts, and believe me… MY FEET HURT!!!! Please anyone with any helpful information, send my way!!! My finace’ said he would fly me to California if that was what it took to fix it and not see me in pain anymore! HELP!

Desparate in NC for better feet!!

Debbie

Icon_missing_medium missalice 1 post

I am in Los Angeles Califonria. are there any doctors who do this procedure “tight rope”
for bunion surgery?

Moderatoricon_medium TheDoctorsBo... 1448 posts

You can find information from today’s show on the SHOW SYNOPSIS page. To get there go up to EPISODES, choose TODAY’S SHOW. On that page next to the Video box you will see SHOW SYNOPSIS along with other links related to the show.

For older shows choose THIS WEEK, or ARCHIVES from the drop down menu.

Icon_missing_medium vrobinson 1 post

I just had traditional bunion surgery and have been off my feet for 3weeks.  I’m lucky because I am a teacher and have the summers off.  It would be great if there was a place or Doctor in Raleigh-Durham area who could do this type of surgery.  I still have another foot to go.  I have started back to work today but for half-days.  This surgery would be a Godsend to those of us who suffer from bunions.  

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Procamsd6077_dr_travis_in_the_kitchen_vl_browse

Dr. Travis'
Quick-Fix Spinach
Lasagna

Procamsd5065_no_2_bethesda_md_vl_browse