Motherhood_690x150

5 year olds bad behavior

Subscribe to 5 year olds bad behavior 3 posts, 3 voices , Tagged: bad behavior

Pic4_medium JoAnLynn 3 posts

My son is 5 years old and is in Kindergarten this year. He’s been getting in trouble almost once a week and usually for the same things: Running, Jumping, not listening and just being overly hyper. I’m starting to think he may be ADD or ADHD but I don’t want to put him on drugs that will take away his spirt. Is there any way I can help get him to calm down and listen to me and his teacher the first time so we don’t have to repeat ourselves? All input in appricated and If you need more info feel free to ask me questions. I’ll tell you everything I can if it’ll help my son in school.

Icon_missing_medium lston 4 posts

First off i think you are right not to resort to drugs. There is online info on how to solve things naturally through diet. I would look those up first. The next thing is has your son always been hyper or just when he started kindergarten? Second does the teacher enjoy and except your child for who he is or does she fight against the person he is? My son was hyper when he started kindergarten thankfully I had a very patient and understanding teacher that incorporated his personality into the classroom environment. I also every morning made him get up and run around the block a few times with me in the morn before school. Another thing i incorporated was i made sure he had a very well balanced meal with no sugar in the morn. I sat him down to explain that there were times to run and play and then there were times to sit and be quite. I worked closely with his teacher and we came up with a reward system that every day that he didnt disrupt the class he would be rewarded.
By the middle of the school year he mellowed. He just took a little more time to settle down into the school routine.
The big key here though is to not get frustrated or upset with your son but to try work with your sons personality and his teacher that will best work for all of you.

Erica_medium ekerazy78 1 post

There is some evidence that fish oil can help improve ADHD symptoms. Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids. There are some findings that suggest that, in children with ADHD who are 8 to 12 years old, fish oil supplementation may improve mental skills. For instance, it may help improve a child’s ability to organize activities.

In one study, a specific supplement of fish oil and evening primrose oil was used. Results showed that it improved hyperactivity, inattentiveness, an inability to think clearly, and overall behavior in children with ADHD who were 7 to 12 years old.

Also be careful with the amount of sugar you son eats as this can cause more hyper activity. 

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Procamsd6082_carrie_underwood_beauty_secret_vl_browse

Carrie Underwood’s
Beauty Secret

Summertime_safety_tips_vl_browse

Summer Safety Tips

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes