Motherhood_690x150

Forums Motherhood Struggles How do you get your 3 year old to listen

How do you get your 3 year old to listen

Subscribe to How do you get your 3 year old to listen 6 posts, 6 voices

Dsc_0393_medium fotomama 1 post

i have 3 children and i’m home all day with them. since i havent been working because of my last pregnancy, my older 2 don’t seem to want to listen. i ask, i tell, then i end up yelling before they do what i asked. when they finally do do it they are crying because i yelled at them. this is very frustrating and is saddens me that i have to yell to get some help. my husband works 2nd shift so i’m alone with them all night long. i really don’t have anyone who can help.

Icon_missing_medium nyashia1 26 posts

You don’t really want to hear what I have to say on this issue. I used to spank my children. I went from taps to spanking. By the time my children were 5 years old I didn’t have to hit or yell until I had to teach them what consequences was. I am not saying my children were perfect for it, but when they were little I only had to ask once and hardly ever twice never a third time (consequence). At 2 years old my children would get upset if I told one to do something and not the other. My children didn’t know what it was like to hear me yell until they were about 9 or 10 years old. That worked for me, but you have to find what works for you. You are a parent and you can not allow emotions to get in the way because if you don’t take charge now you will be on Maury’s show talking about how your child has complete control over your house. Be strong and find what works for you. It may not be spanking, but there is something you can do to get your child to listen and make sure the others understand it can be passed on to them.
good luck

Babsmet_medium babsMET 2 posts

My 4 year old goes to pre-school and at that school they have parent seminors ( sry if I spelled that wrong) but I find these meetings to be very helpful on all levels of parenting. It really works good luck.

Pic_116_medium ppadilla 3 posts

I have a soon to be 4 year old boy and nothing seems to be working to get him to listen to me! I’m tired of hearing myself repeat everything! My son doesn’t get what the word WAIT means! I’ve tried time outs, sitting down and talking to him and sending him to his room. He doesn’t listen the most when I tell him to leave his younger sister alone he just keeps on going then, I end up yelling at him. Is there anyone that has the same problem that tried something that worked please do tell! Thanks

Icon_missing_medium TiannasMommy 2 posts

Have a special chair for time outs depending one their age put them in the chair for one to two minutes and ask them why they were in the chair. If they don’t know you have to tell them. If they still do it after they get out of the chair put them right back. (time out) for another 1-2 minutes. I suggest if this doesn’t work start tapping them on the behind. They have to know you are the one in charge and they have to respect you. My child is 7 and ever since she was little she has respected me but not her father. Because I follow through with her punishment. Like taking a favorite toy away. Thats another idea. He doesn’t follow through. So when he trys to punish her all he does is yell. and she just looks at him like “oh well who cares”

Icon_missing_medium lston 4 posts

What I have always done is give them a choice. You ask them do something and if they say no or dont respond then say " ok you have two choice you can either clean up your room or you can loose your playtime with your friend today. which ever you choose i am fine with." They usually pick what you want but they will test if you will follow through with consequence so make sure your threat is something that you will do. Stay consistent with this and in a few times im sure he would rather pick what you want him to do. If he is still choosing the consequence over what you want then up the consequence until it is something that he would really not want. Tell them why they have do things DO NOT say because i told you so. Children deserve answers just as much as we do.

Forums Motherhood Struggles How do you get your 3 year old to listen

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes

Promod6121_calorie_cutting_takeout_trade_outs_vl_browse

Take-Out Trade Outs

Procamsd5065_no_2_bethesda_md_vl_browse

Tips to Lower