Forums June 21, 2010 - What to Know about Self-Diagnosing hit my head this am... hard, dizzy and kinda tired sick?

hit my head this am... hard, dizzy and kinda tired sick?

Subscribe to hit my head this am... hard, dizzy and kinda tired sick? 8 posts, 4 voices

Icon_missing_medium faith53 7 posts

ok I hit my head really hard while playing with the kids today on the structure and i hit my head, like my forhead on the hard wood and fell over, i guess i went outcold cause me son was standing over my face when i openned my eyes… its a couple hours later, maybe more, and i feel really tired, and just want to go to sleep and i feel like i am spinning should i be wrroied?

Icon_missing_medium jrschaa 221 posts

Hi Faith53. You need to contact your physician now. For gosh sakes, don’t lie down and go to sleep, you have classic symptoms of a concussion.

Icon_missing_medium kitteagirl 41 posts

I hope you are at the doc right now. I had a concussion once. They can be very dangerous. They always say, don’t sleep if you think you may have a concussion. Dizziness, wooziness, etc. are classic symptoms. This is one time that I would probably not wait for a doctor’s office to open, but would go through a walk-thru clinic or maybe even the ER.

I_have_the_look_medium labelfree 166 posts

911 along with your kids woman!
Dont type here go and get help from the er DOCs
You have kids and you dont know how long you were knocked out?
You could have a bloodclot on your brain…
I dont mean to sound alarming but this is serious and after you go and get checked out please come back here and let us know your alright!
xox
S

hello every one

thanks for the responses… yeah turns out i do have a concussion… obviously lol,  funny part is I am an EMT. i just had an altered l.o.c. yeah.. makes me laugh that i came on hear, embarasing, not even the right thread, but ohwell.  but thanks again

Hi Faith 53. Yeah, I know, the cobbler’s kids have no shoes. I’m glad you got diagnosed and treated.

The only missing symptom you had was that you were not having stomach troubles, i.e. vomiting. I forgot to mention that, I’m glad you are on the road to recovery. Do you ever consult the Merck Manual? As an independent med tech those are the best references, short of a computer, for guidence. Now my secret is out.

haha umm no can’t say i do use the merck mannual. but will deffinetly look into it.

Forums June 21, 2010 - What to Know about Self-Diagnosing hit my head this am... hard, dizzy and kinda tired sick?

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes

Procamsd6082_carrie_underwood_beauty_secret_vl_browse

Carrie Underwood’s
Beauty Secret

Promod6121_calorie_cutting_takeout_trade_outs_vl_browse

Take-Out Trade Outs