Forums The Doctors Weight-loss Challenge I just joined the 17-day diet group

I just joined the 17-day diet group

Subscribe to I just joined the 17-day diet group 12 posts, 8 voices

Icon_missing_medium christyblum 3 posts

I watched the Dr. Phil show around Thanksgiving and ordered the 17-Day diet book.
I started the diet Dec 27th and lost 13lbs in the first week. I’m very motivated to continue. I just truned 40 and I’m the heaviest I have ever been. I’am a cancer survivor (stage 3 Colon Cancer) and it’s time to take care of myself and get healthy for myself and my family! I’m so glad to be part of this group.

Icon_missing_medium barbaradebold 4 posts

I can’t find where to join…. can someone help me please

Doc_thumb_medium TheDoctorsBo... 917 posts

For more information about the 17 Day Diet Challenge

CLICK HERE: http://thedoctorstv.com/group/The_17_Day_Diet_Club

When on this page, scroll down to Join the Group, and to choose a team to join. When on this page, scroll down to Join the Group, and to choose a team to join. When you join a team it will display a PDF with the PLEDGE that you print and sign for your commitment. 

Then scroll down farther to find message boards to record your progress and interact with other members. Members are sharing information and recipes as well as support.  

There is also more information on today’s show synopsis page.  To get there go up to  EPISODES and choose TODAY’S SHOW

Feel free to create a board topic on your Team Forum and post your outlines and recipes.  That is what they are there for, communication and support. The more you participate on site, the more awards you earn.

TheDoctorsBoard2

You can buy the 17 Day Diet book at http://the17daydiet.com/

Photo_00016_medium motherhen962 4 posts

I ordered the book and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I suffered a stroke while I was 24 weeks along with my daughter. It has been almost ten years and I will be 40 this weekend, I need to do this. I have gained 150 pounds since my stroke. My BMI is a frightening 54.5. I have limited mobilkity issues and will need to be creative with ways to exercise. I look forward to this challenge!

Icon_missing_medium christyblum 3 posts

Motherhen962 You can do it! Just take it one day at a time. I wish all the best of luck. :)

Icon_missing_medium memaw578 4 posts

motherhen962 I recently suffered with a stroke, only in my spine. My fear is in gaining weight while I can’t move very well. So we will look for creative ways to exercise, the thing is to just move anything in anyway as often as you can. Have a Happy Birthday! And now your on the way to having many more as you lose the weight. Good Luck!

Me_medium daude 2 posts

I just signed up for Team Dr. Phil, but am wondering what I’ve missed so far. I just ordered the book today so I don’t know what to do until it arrives. Any suggestions?

Photo_00016_medium motherhen962 4 posts

Thank you all for your kind words of support. I think this is amazinfg to feel so blessed this early in.

1769_medium Youthin2011 8 posts

Dear Motherhen,

You are not alone! We are all rooting for you. I have all these excuses for why I have gained weight. You are amazing and I am inspired by your effort!

Icon_missing_medium Bluespring 15 posts

Hi Daude. My book took about a week to arrive. In the mean time, you can start stocking up on fresh veggies, fruit, fish and chicken. Lots of lettuce. Green tea. Salads will become your new best friend. :-) No rice, pasta, potatoes right now. Take a look around this site. There’s lots of helpful info here. Good luck!

Me_medium daude 2 posts

Hi Bluespring, Thanks for your reply to my question. I’ll plan on hitting the grocery store today and stock up on veggies, fish, chicken, and salads. Can’t wait to see some results! Thanks! :)

1769_medium Youthin2011 8 posts

Woo Hoo! Bought lots of green veggies! Berries and stuff to make a beef stew. My husband bought me a gorgeous Japanese traditional teapot (tetsubin) and cups! So I stopped by a place called Teavana and got some teas that are supposed to be cleansing and full of antioxidants. It is pretty pricey, I must admit, but I guess my health is worth it. ? Besides, I am replacing my beloved bowl of chocolate ice cream with tea in the late evening! It should become cost-effective based on the health care costs I will be avoiding in the future!

Still haven’t gotten my book, but I think I have an idea of what the book will say.

Good luck, friends!

Forums The Doctors Weight-loss Challenge I just joined the 17-day diet group

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes

Procamsd6082_carrie_underwood_beauty_secret_vl_browse

Carrie Underwood’s
Beauty Secret