Forums June 16, 2009 - Ask Our Doctors: What to Expect after You're Diagnosed Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test

Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test

Subscribe to Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test 90 posts, 37 voices

Mexico_may_2012_215_medium DHalaby73 23 posts

I got my tubes tied 16yrs ago…For the last couple months
I’ve been feeling movement in my stomach but have been getting my
period still..But in March my period was only 2 days..I had an
ultrasound done and blood test doctor said she didn’t see anything but
my right tube was a little bit larger then the left which she claimed
was normal…Blood work was negative.I still have been feeling movement
even more on some days then others…I got my period in April but this
time I have cramps which I don’t get on my period usually its before
not during..I felt movement alot the day before and still while on my
period..My husband says its gas or maybe I have to go to bathroom but I
know my body..I have 3 girls also 20,19,18…I’m 36yrs old and was
young when i had my girls…My husband doesn’t have any and this would
be a blessing..But with no answers and no insurance it’s driving me
crazy…Don’t know what else to do.I went to the doctor and had a second ultrasound done but I don’t think the technician was experienced..She only did an internal ultrasound and when she went to put it in she was in the wrong area..I told her she wasn’t in there and she said yes I am I can see your uterus DUHHH…unless your uterus is on the outside of your bum I don’t think soo…Can anyone help me?I feel because my tubes are tied that no one wants to help me.

How come no responses to my post?Very troubling..

P6200933_medium mommytothree 1 post

im no doctor but i know you can get pregeant after you have had you tubes tied..my mom had hers tied when she had my older brother and 8 years laterahe got pereagnet with me and the she had 2 more kids after that..it could be they are not looking in the right place..the fetise can hide be hide things in a way.. i would go to a diffrent doctor try a sepcailist..

Thank you for replying..I know in my heart I am so I guess I have to wait and see..

Picture_21_medium lizadellis 1 post

Dear DHalaby73

I Am also having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM…i took a home test but it came out negative…and im still feeling movement in my stomach. I also have not gone to a doctor because i also have no insurance and no job or money and im fourty three years old and i dont want them to think im silly. My husband also says the same things to me, but i feel the movements Please write to my email it is jamliza112@aol.com, please let me know what happened with you because im going thru the same thing thankyou hope to hear from you!

022_medium TotallyLost 13 posts

Hi there!

I’m dealing with the exact same thing. I had my tubes tied 4 years ago. I went to the hospital on May 25th with severe stomach pain. At that time I was convinced I was pregnant. I had the morning sickness, sore breasts, growing tummy, and I also started to feel a fluttering sensation in my tummy. I went in for an ultrasound and the woman said it looked as though I could be early into a pregnancy. She showed me what looked like a sac and measured it to be 7 almost 8 weeks. My urine and blood test ended up being negative so the Dr. Said it was just fluid and not a baby. So I went home thinking I wasn’t pregnant. I still continued to have all the symptoms of pregnancy, but I just ignored them….until a couple weeks ago. I began to feel stronger movement in my stomach and all of a sudden my stomach has gotten noticeably bigger. I was on a diet for my wedding and I lost some weight everywhere but there. I look 4-5 months pregnant, feel movement, have gone up almost 2 cup sizes, and feel some pressure in my rib area when I sit down. I’ve still gotten my period each month, but it’s very light and only lasts 2 days. When I was pregnant with my youngest daughter my levels were so low that the Dr thought I was having a miscarriage. That’s what makes me think I don’t produce enough of the HCG hormone to detect it. All the 15 tests I have taken have been negative, I still bleed every month and I’ve had my tubes tied. But I KNOW I am. I just don’t know how to get the Dr. to take me seriously. I have an appointment on the 14th at planned parenthood. for a test and an exam. Hopefully they can just tell if I am or not. I don’t want to be one of those women on that show “I didn’t know I was pregnant”. Has anyone gone through all this only to find out you WERE in fact pregnant? Help..

To answer your question I still have the same symptoms but still no answers..I don’t know if it’s because my tubes are tied that I’m not getting a positive test but can’t get anyone to help me because of that.I wish someone could help because it’s the not knowing that’s killing me.

It’s really frustrating. But when I was pregnant with my last child, I didn’t test positive until I was 16 weeks along. My stomach is getting bigger and bigger everyday. My fiance says it definitely feels like I am pregnant. Everyone else agrees. I’m hoping they will be able to tell when they examine me on Friday. If not, I’m going to go to the ER and tell them I am pregnant and having pain or something. Is your stomach growing? Or are you just feeling movement?

Yes it is but not that big and I’ve gained 20-22lbs too.I still workout 5 days a week so not sure if that’s why I’m not showing that much but I can’t fit any of the clothes I used to wear.I never really had a belly with my other pregnancy because I carried mostly in my back..And this is the same way..Please let me know how you make out with your appt on Fri ok.Good luck

Deborah

Question after you eat does your stomach get really hard?Mine does just like it did when I was pregnant before.

Deborah

Blue_hills_medium brandygh 1 post

i am 30yrs old i had my tubes tied in jan 2009 during my c-section.  i have noticed the last two months my periods have changed.  and i have been feeling pregnant.  my husband thinks its all in my head but i am not sure.  has anybody known anybody that has gotten pregnant this soon after there tubes have been tied?

Icon_missing_medium Gordia 2 posts

I have had my tubes cliped 4 years ago and latley i have been feeling the same thing, my boobs hurt mike like substance comes out of them, i feel movements in my stomach, i am always tired. i have taken test and all of them says negative. my stomach is getting bigger, am starting to think that am going crazy noone belive me.

i made an appointment for tomarrow to see the doctor who delivered my two last son’s to see if maybe he can tell me i am not crazy.

please let me know what you guys think.

Gordia

Please keep me posted I would like to know if you find anything out.Good luck

Icon_missing_medium Gordia 2 posts

Thank you, and i will

Gordia

Question after you eat does your stomach get hard after you eat?

Deborah

If I’m not pregnant, then I have an alien living inside of me, lol. I’m getting bigger everyday and the movements are getting stronger. My appointment at planned parenthood is tomorrow. I know I am going to test negative, I just hope they can tell something with the exam. If they tell me I’m not pregnant, I am going to go to the ER and tell them I am pregant and having pain. I know they will give me an ultrasound. Please let us know how your Dr. Appointment goes. I will let everyone know what I find out.

Please do something is going on  and it’s upsetting no one can tell you what.

Deborah

Icon_missing_medium severlyconfused 1 post

Hi everyone! I am having the same issue. My tubes have been tied for 9 years. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and all of them have come back negative. I look like I am 6 months pregnant, I have gone up two cup sizes, cravings, morning sickness, my back hurts… I am going to the dr on the 24th for hopefully some answers… I can just imagine 3 months from now sitting at work and having my water break when I thought that I wasn’t pregnant. I feel so confused and lost

Let me know what you find out please I’m curious.good luck

Okay, so I went to planned parenthood. Urin and blood tests were negative. They gave me a vaginal ultrasound and didn’t see anything. But the nurse also told me that she was not very experienced in ultrasounds and she has given some to other women and didn’t see anything, but they were in fact pregnant. The only thing is a heartbeat didn’t show up. She told me she really didn’t think I was pregnant. I thought my symptoms were all in my head, and I convinced myself I wasn’t pregnant. But in the last few days, I have had VERY strong movement and the same feeling I had when my other children had the hiccups inside of me. My tummy keeps growing and growing. I’m really starting to freak out. Have any of you figured out what was going on?

I went to an internal doctor yesterday.She drew blood and I have an appt on Monday for a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound so I’ll let you know what happens…I am still experiening the same things so hopefully I find something out..Sorry you still have no answers but i hope you do find out something.

Icon_missing_medium tishabell 2 posts

Well what happened? Did you find out anything from your ultrasound? I hope you got good news!

I will find out today and let you know.How about you?

Did you have the ultrasound Monday? Did they see anything? I am still having the same symptoms. I am feeling stronger movement everyday and my stomach is still growing. My breasts have even gotten bigger(I didn’t think that was possible as they have already grown 2 cup sizes) I am going crazy. I need to get an abdominal ultrasound, but I don’t have health insurance. Are you still feeling movement? Please let me know what you find out.

Yes I went to get a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound and the ultrasound tech wouldn’t tell me anything.She said I had to wait for the doctor to tell me..I called today and she said she had to call me back..Still waiting I’ll let you know..Yes i still feel movement but I haven’t gotten bigger in my belly just gaining weight…I’ll keep you posted ok.

Forums June 16, 2009 - Ask Our Doctors: What to Expect after You're Diagnosed Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Procamsd6077_dr_travis_in_the_kitchen_vl_browse

Dr. Travis'
Quick-Fix Spinach
Lasagna

Procamsd5065_no_2_bethesda_md_vl_browse