Forums June 16, 2009 - Ask Our Doctors: What to Expect after You're Diagnosed Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test

Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test

Subscribe to Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test 90 posts, 37 voices

Icon_missing_medium geminivo 8 posts

Sherri i am so sorry for your loss.i have a question did the pregnancy test come out positive? I am a bit worried myself i went to the doctor on saturday and my doctor says you dont bleed when pregnant and since my tubes are tied there is no way. i told her that i am still cramping and my stomach has been contracting i told her about how my cycles have been irregular when i am a regular 28 day cycle. she is sending me for a transvaginal ultrasound this week. she thinks that i may have been preggo and that i lost it and wants to make sure that i dont have an infection in my uterus she prescribed me two types of antibiotics. I could tell in her face that she thought i was crazy just by the way she talked and looked at me. She never really examined me. unfortunatley i dont have the deductible to fill the prescription right now but that is how i lost my last pregnancy the doctor didnt beleive me and he gave me a strong antibiotics and after i took one i had sharp pains the same night and bleed for a whole month straight. the er said i had a chemical pregnancy.

Icon_missing_medium sherridove 8 posts

this sounds exactly what just happened to me! my little girl was moving and we all in my family were playing with her…they never even tried to find her and just never believed me…and nowshes just gone…and my belly that was from size 5 to 12+ is gone…and i cant even bury her….please be careful….im wondering if these doctors are not allowed to deliver treat our kind of pregnancies because of the financial loss if people lose faith in TL????

i did not ever get a positive pregnancy test by the way….
my levels never came up….my periods were strange….only one day bleeding…then nothing until the next time came around…then again one day…no one ever aknowledged she was here until we lost her…then this amazing baby that was growing inside of me lost her little life….now they know she was here…if it would make her come back id do what they all arre afraid of…id sue them! im so angry, and i personally will never trust doctors with my unborn child again( if God will bless me with his/her care again) i thought i was getting her help…not hurting her….he even offe4rred me a pill to “help my periods start again!!!!” its no coincidence i had the exam that day and lost her a few hours later…im sorry for all the anger…but we already loved her! my husband was sooooo happy…now i watch him cry! im sooooo angry! please forgive me! maybe you could tell them not to do anything invasive with your treatment?
they can see inside of your womb with a regular ultrasound…cant they?

Marie_17_medium sweetie5583 1 post

hello my name is julia and i am 26yrs old. I have two children a 7yr old boy and a 5yr old girl. I have had my tubes tied for 5yrs now and i have missed my period for 3mths now. I don’t know what to do, I have not taken a home pregnacy test because it might be negative. I have had irregular periods abot two times now. This is the third time that this has happened to me. I have been thinkng about going to the emergency room because i have been having a lot of nausea and been ligt headed. lately I have been feeling some movement but not sure of whats going on. I NEED SOME HELP SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND TO MY POSTING. I need some support because my boyfriend does not beleive me. He thinks that its funny because he said my tubes are tied and i can’t have anymore kids. If i am with child i would be so happy because he doesn’t have any children.

Icon_missing_medium shellybear1970 1 post

I’m feeling the same way. I had my TL 11 years ago after my daughter was born. My last cycle started October 11th and was normal. On October 21st I had slight spotting for a few days. I am now almost 2 weeks late. I’ve taken two hpt but they both came out negative.

I don’t have the tender breast but I’ve gained 5lbs in the past month, very moody, tired, heartburn, gassy, and I had a whitish liquid come out of my nipple this morning. I’ve been to my OB/GYN who was very understanding. She felt my ovaries and said they felt fine. She doesn’t believe that I am pregnant but is sending me for an ultrasound on Monday to determine the cause of my bloating.

I feel like I’m pregnant and I would love to have another one. It’s very frustrating to have all these symptoms yet no answers.

Mexico_may_2012_215_medium DHalaby73 23 posts

Please keep us updated on how your doing ok..

i went ahead and started taking the antibiotics since it was the same prescription i had taken with my last four pregnancies for bacterial infections. but last night when i was helping hubby cook dinner i got a sharp stabbing pain in my lower abdominal area i also felt pressure in my bottom area my stomach kept hardening and i felt like i had to push i went to the bathroom but nothing all night i felt this way and today i feel fine except for some mild cramping which is usual i have been cramping since july. with my other pregnancies i had braxton hicks and pre term labor issues that the led me to be on bed rest and medication to stop contractions. so I still have the flutters in stomach. not sure what to think

i had pre-term labor with my other babies too, thats why i was convinced i needed prenatal care! before i was on bed rest from 5 months on, and my babies were born while i was on magnesium…oh yeah and on meds during the whole time to stop contractions…
be careful hun, i had the same feelings right before i lost her (my latest pregnancy). i felt her moving, right up until the exam. in fact mom and i were playing with her in my tummy in the docs office. i swear i almost didnt sign the papers that gave the ob doctors the right to treat me in the way the saw fit for me (paraphrased) but its what the papers meant….permission to treat papers…ive talked to another lady who went through this around here…they told her her baby was deformed, so they ended her pregnancy…FOR HER SAKE…please be careful, and take care of yourself…ill be praying for you!

i will be careful. it happened again last night my stomach started contracting and i had cramps but this morning i was okay. i noticed that i felt gentle pushes just above my navel on the right side of my stomach. the pregnancy test are negative again i have only receive 5 faint positives since july so im starting to feel like im going crazy

022_medium TotallyLost 13 posts

I think we all feel like were going crazy. For those of you who believe your pregnant, how far along would you be? Honestly, if I’m not pregnant, then there is something going on with my body. My stomach is getting round, just like when I was pregnant, I feel movement every day, my breasts have doubled in size. I have the mask of pregnancy. But negative tests and they didn’t see anything on the TV ultrasound. Am I crazy??

i would say i could be about 4 to 5 months

i was almost 6 months! they actually gave me a diagnosis of my pregnancy being in my head at 2:00! some kinda psychoki…word! then at 5:00 we lost her, then as i was miscarrying all of a sudde3n i was losing my BABY!!! thats why you here so much anger in me!
my little girl was almost 6 months and they didnt admit to me that she was even real until i lost her! they let me believe i was losing my mind! even diagnosed me as it being in my head, and wouldnt even try to see her moving inside of me, dint check for color to see if my body had changed down there at all…did a regular ultrasound, still wouldnt tell me, then did the transvaginal ultrasound and told me she was in my head, then at 5:00 (just no more than 3 hours later) they helped me as i miscarried her at the same hospital! so i think we know our bodies, and most of us have been down this road many times, and we just know when theres a little one in there…and if you are getting huge, i think the chances of your baby being in your tubes is very thin….because lets face it wed be dead if our babies were that huge growing in our tubes! i was scared my baby wasnt getting the right care, thats why i went….if God blesses me with another baby next time im gonna do all the things i need to do to take care of myself, even hire a midwife, but im staying far from that hospital until its time for him/her to be born! thats just me….but i wanted my baby, deformed or not! btw…not sure f i told you guys, i met another lady not 30 mins from my house, and im way out in the country, and she went through this too, thinking she was crazy and all….they didnt even tell her she was miscarrying after the doctors did her exam…later she begged her doctor to tell her the truth, because she knew she was, and finally her doctor told her her baby was deformed nd wouldnt have made it, so they helped her miscarry!!!! she is great about it though….but she says its her fault…says that she prayed everyday for a HEALTHY baby, and she felt God answered her prayers. ouch! i dont believe God is the one taking these babies away! it wasnt God i saw hurting my baby! ok im done now, please forgive my anger…i still havent cried, except inside…i feel like if i do i wont be able to stop! my baby girl was already soooo loved. she was definately and answer to my familys prayers, and we never even knew it until she was moving inside of me and growing…unlike what the drs said i wasnt hoping and praying id get pregnant, i had a very busy life, and never gave another baby a thought! but once I KNEW she was in me, i embraced her as did her whole family….she even had a name…graceland…because grace is a gift from God…so she was our little Gracie, and we are all missing her! God Bless you all!!! i pray for you ladies daily! big hugs!

wow! this is exactly what happened with me!!!
i found out i was pregnant when i had a dream and saw my baby girl! then i woke up, and went out to fix my husbands breakfast and lunch for work that day. oh boy did i get sick!! and i kept the nausea too…lol. i remember when i was at the drs i sat there holding that permission to treat paper, and almost didnt sign it, but i didnt listen to that voice that i believe was the Holy Spirit guiding me that day. now i feel so bad for not running or wobbling(lol) out that door…i miss her so bad! if anyone wants to talk privately feel free to email me at sherri.toby@verizon.net…i promise ill listen and be here for you all from the morning sickness, tender breasts, etc…till the healthy happy day…(ill be praying for you all!)

i have had dreams too but in my dreams i can see my babies foot print or face pushing my stomach almost like its trying to come out but cant yet.and when i try to tell people i am preggo they look at me in disbelief even as they watch the baby roll thru my belly.i even held its hand thru my belly. i have even had dreams where i go into labor not realizing it i sit on the toilet to use it and i push out a baby. its always a girl. i had a dream once that i was holding a baby and telling everyone it was mine and they laugh because my tubes are tied. dont give up hope he will bless you again the first time i was late and having odd periods i foung out i had a early miscarriage. and here it is a year later and its happening again. so its our faith that god will see this through.maybe its not ment for us to prove our babys are here and that is why they cant see anything maybe we should just take our vitamins like we are suppose to and becareful and wait out the 9 months with out a doctors care at least when they are here in this world they can no longer deny their presence.

has anyone heard any good news yet. this months cycle is late again :( last month it was a bit early pregnancy test was negative. these past few months my cycles are off by 12 days each month i cant believe these stupid doctors wont take me seriously because my tubes are tied i am so frustrated i want to cry. i bought prenatal vitamins just in case and will start a light exercise to help maintain my weight gain.

Icon_missing_medium stephycee 2 posts

hello ladies. I found this sight early this morning. I am glad to know i am not alone. I have had my tubes tied since Sept 2006. lately i have been feeling and thinking i am pregnant. i still have periods yet they are different. my stomach feels harder at times. i don;t know. I do know that i would receive this pregnancy as a blessing. I sometimes also think i am going to be one of those I didn;t know i was pregnant girls. I can only keep praying. I hope we all get our miracles when the times is ours. good luck ladies and keep us all posted on what is going on. I will do the same.

Img_0153_medium 2ndrounnd 1 post

EVENING LADIES,MY HUSBAAND FOUND THIS SITE FOR ME A COUPLE DAYS AGO, AND I CANT TELL YOU ALL HOW MUCH IT HAS HELPED ME ALREADY,JUST READING YOUR STORIES, I DO,SO MUCH,UNDERSTAND HOW YOU ARE FEELING,AND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROGH!!!!!! AT THE AGE OF 25 I HAD TO ABORT A CHILD FOR MEDICAL REASONS,I TOLD MY HUSBAND AT THE TIME I STILL FELT PREGNANT,TOLD SISTERS & FRIENNDS I WAS PREGNNANT BUT TEST KEPT COMMING UP NEG. HAD ABDOMANOL PAINN RANGINNG FROM MILD TO SEVER,& BLEEDINNG ALSO MILD TO SEVER,WENTT TO EMERGENCY ONE NIGT WITH PAIN OF ABOUT AN 8,TOLD THEM I BELIVED I WAS PREGNANT,AND SOMTHING WAS WRONG, THE DOCTOR ON DUTY THAT NIGHT GAVE ME AN EXAM, LAUGHED, SHOOK HIS HEAD, SAID YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT THAT ITS A BAD MENS. CYCLE GO HOME AND TAKE THESE PAIN PILLS !!!!!!!! GOOD THING I DID NOT LISTENN TO HIM,I WAS PREG. ABOUT 17 WEEKS AT THE TIME, FOUNND OUT , AT ABOUT 22 WEEKS ALONG FINALLY GOT A POS. RESUT. MY DOC. KEPT APPOLAGIZING TO ME, FIST 3 APPOINTMENNTS..THEY WERE THE LONGEST 5 1/2 MONNTHS OF MY LIFE. NO ONE BELIVED ME,& EVERYBODY ACTED AND TREATED ME LIKE I WAS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH POOR PENNY.SHE IS DILUSTIONAL….NEVER IN MY LIFE DID I EVER WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN SO I HAD MY TUBS TIED THE DAY AFTER SHE WAS BORN, MY LITTLE MIRICAL BABY GIRL, THAT WAS 20 YRS. AGO,AND AM NOW ON MY 2ND ROUND OF A DILUSTINAL PREG. ALL OVER AGAIN, I CANT BELIVE I AM GOING THROUGH THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! DOCTORS HAVE TOLD ME ITS MENTOPASE, EVEN THOUUGH I`VE NEVER HAD ANY SIGHNS OF IT YET,TTHEN MAYBE A TUMOR, THEN MAYBE CANCER,BUT NONE OF THE ABOVE CAME BACK POS.I HAVE TOLD HEM ABOUT MY PAST ,BUT THEY THINK IM CRAZY,I HAVE GONE IN TTHERE 2 IMES TELLING NOT ASKING, THAT I WAS PREGNANT AND THAT I HAVE A TILTED UTERIS AND MY BABIES ALWAYS HIDE ON MY SIDE AND IN MY BACK,BUT TO NO AVAIL,THEY STILL WILL NOT EVEN GIVE ME ENOUGH RESPECT TO REALLY LOOK,THEY DID A ULTRA SOUND,BUT NOT IN THE RIGHT PLACE,I TOLD THEM IF YOU CANT FIND HER (I THINK ITS ANOTHER GIRL)IN MY UTERIS, TO LOOK BEHIND IT, THEY WILL NOT.IF I AM, IM ABOUT 20 WEEKS NOW,BABIES DONT KICK THIS HARD UNTILL ABOOUT 20 WEEKS.I HAVE EVERY SYMTEM OF PREG. THE TINGLING IN MY BREAST AFTER EATINNG,LARGE BELLY, HEADACHES,SICK TO MY STOMACH IF I DOONNT HAVE FOOD IN IT,GAINED 17 LBS.NO PERIODS JUST SPOTTING HERE AND THERE.AND SO MANY OTHERS…..IT IS SO HARD SOME TIMES TO ACT NORMAL AND GET THROUGH EVERY DAY,STILL NO ONE BELIVES ME AGAIN.JUST BECAUES I HAD MY TUBS TIED.I PRAY ALL THE TIME, THAT IF I AM THAT SHE AND I WILL SURVIVE AND REMAIN HEALTHY…MY HART GOES OUT TO ALL OF YOU….GOOD NIGHTWILL BE BAACK ON TOMARROW….. ;~) P.S. MY KEYBOOARD IS MESSED UP, SORRY FOR ANY DOUUBLED LETTERING

022_medium TotallyLost 13 posts

OMG! Please read this!!! I have been have more and more movement in my abdomen lately and extremely irregular bleeding for the past 3 months. My husband and I were, well you know, about a month ago and when we stopped we realized we were both covered in brght red blood. The problem was I got off my period a week before that., I bled heavily all night, then stopped and started my period 2 week later. I finally met a doctor at my work that was interested in talking to me. He had my ultrasound photos sent to him and he isn’t completely sure, but thinks I have what is callled an abdominal pregnancy. Its rare, but more common than mentioned,especially with women who have had tubal ligations, infections,etc…here is one link:http://www.thefetus.net/page.php?id=1671

So he did see something?I still don’t know I still haven’t been able to loose the weight..and although the movement has lessened I still feel something…I want to have an MRI done but not sure if my insurance will cover it..

Icon_missing_medium stephycee 2 posts

hello dhalaby and lost. I have been waiting to hear from someone. I actually do not feel pregnant anymore. i sure did though. I look forward when i am. I know i will be. I am sorry to read your both stories. truth is, it is not our time, for whatever reason but it will happen. do not worry…. God is good…. always remember this. I am sorry yet glad i am not alone in my disappointment. I am sorry if you take offense to this. I hope Christmas otherwise went well we will get ours when God so desires… much love to everyone… it’s happening… just wait and see…

Icon_missing_medium mom2one 1 post

I just found this site and am so glad. I have spent hours and hours of research and couldn’t find anyone else going through the same thing as me. I have been feeling movement for a couple months now(my mother has felt it too) but the doctors look at me like I am an idiot. Can anyone give me an update on their case? Whether or not they were pregnant? If not, did you determine what it was? I have never known gas to kick back when you push on your stomach.

Heavenrocksview-1280x800_medium confused1973 1 post

I am 36 years old, Ontario Canada. I have had my tubes tied since Sept 14 2000. Right now I feel pregnant, back aches, frequent washroom runs, nipples leaking, stomach movement, bigger stomach that a friend even asked if i was pregnant, cravings, moody, and more….

Just had both Pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound yesterday. All the tech said is there is an egg but couldnt tell where or if its conceived or anything. I have to wait till Tuesday next week for results. Took a home pregnancy test 3 times within the last three weeks all negative. I am not freaking out because do want another baby and my boyfriend said he would be thrilled if I were pregnant. I have 2 daughters and the way I feel now is the same way I felt with them. My friend also said he dreamt I had a baby boy, wonder if that is a sign or what.

Okay so am I crazy or should I follow my gut on this and pray it aint wrong. If I aint pregnant then the next step we are thinking of is an ultrasound that will tell if my tubes are open or not., if tubes arent then we are thinking IVF or Tubal Reversal.

Will keep posted on going ons.                    

Icon_missing_medium notcrazy1983 1 post

Hello Ladies,
I am 27 and my tubes were cut and tied in 2006. I am having the same problem, I feel pregnant. My boobs are geeting bigger, I feel movement just like with my other three kids, and my periods have been late and last only two days when they normally last six. Urine and blood test came back negative. My heart tells me I’m pregnant but tests say otherwise. I am so stressed and I don’t like waiting in suspense. I am already aware that doctors will lie and cover up mistakes that have been made, because I knew immediatly after my tubal that something was not right. I have been to doctor after doctor for 3 1/2 years trying to prove it but they all say the same. It is all in your head or all test are normal. Dhalaby73, Totallylost, Severlyconfused, and others. Did any of you eventually find out that you were pregnant or give birth? Has anyone found a doctor that is willing to verify tubals that have been done incorrectly?

50930_medium ladylonewolf 1 post

I spent some time reading all your alls post…. i am so glad that i found this site… i have been doing a lot of searching to find out what is going on with me… on October 1990 I had my tubes tied and burnt… this is what my medical records state.. i do not remember signing any paper work.. at this time i was married to a military man.. so all this was done in a military hospital…the doctor who said he did this did not speak very good English and with me being hearing impaired i really did not understand him … he kept asking me if i had my husbands permission.. this i did not understand why i had to do..after all it was my body… i had a very abusive husband at the time… but he was happy that day because i gave him a son.. after having two girls… I was one of those women who had easy pregnancy … i never had morning sickness.. or any of the other symptoms that came along with being pregnant… i also had very short labor on all three children… after my son was born i divorced my husband two years later.. because the abuse the children and i received… that was in 1994… in 2006 i met the most wonderful man.. we have now been married for almost 4 years…I keep telling him if i know what i know now i would never had my tubes tied.. my husband now has never had children.. and the only boy out of 5 children in his family… to give him a child would be a gift from god… BUT… my last period i had was on july 4th right after we got back from camping.. i told my husband perfect timing.. because i only had one tampon with me…. my husband and i have a very active sex life.. but since my tubes are tied we never use any other type of birth control… however,  this is the first time i have ever experience symptoms of being pregnant… i have nausea, tender breast, peeing all the time.. bloating… back pain as of today… i have token 3 home pregnancy test they all came back neg.. i went to a family doctor yesterday.. all he did was the same as i have a urination test.. which was neg… he asked me and my husband what type of birth control we are using.. of curse we look at each other then at him and said.. my tubes are tide.. the doctor came out and said then you are not pregnant.. of curse my husband was shocked as i was… i now have an ob apportionment set for Thursday… when i was talking to the nurse at the ob department.. and told her what i was experiencing.. she said it does happen.. especially if you had your tubes tied in the early 90s.. do not understand what different that makes..  but we will see on Thursday.. another thing i have experience lately.. is pressure in my pelvis area and i can not sit straight up because of it.. my last time i was pregnant.. i carried low and felt the same thing… has any one experience this??

It’s been awhile since I posted this thread so I wanted to update everyone on what’s been going on…I never found out what it was I was going through but I didn’t give birth so I wasn’t pregnant..Or else it would be the longest pregnancy ever…LOL I had to get back on track with my workout and loose the weight I gained and so far I’ve been alot better…I did however remember passing a huge blood clot back in April dont know if maybe that was something but since then I’ve been alot better..I’m curious to know to if anyone actually became pregnant or found out they were…

Forums June 16, 2009 - Ask Our Doctors: What to Expect after You're Diagnosed Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Procamsd6082_carrie_underwood_beauty_secret_vl_browse

Carrie Underwood’s
Beauty Secret

Summertime_safety_tips_vl_browse

Summer Safety Tips

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes