Forums June 16, 2009 - Ask Our Doctors: What to Expect after You're Diagnosed Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test

Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test

Subscribe to Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test 90 posts, 37 voices

Mexico_may_2012_215_medium DHalaby73 23 posts

Well the lab tehnichian has told me that everything is normal..She didn’t say I was pregnant or if they saw anything..So I have an appt on Wed for the doctor to give me a prescription to see a gastroenterologist…Guess that’s my next step..

022_medium TotallyLost 13 posts

Well, they would have told you if you were pregnant or not. And I’m sure you would have seen it on the screen. If the tech saw a baby she would have showed you right away. Weird. So I wonder if it’s the same for me. Make sure to ask a million questions when you go to the Dr. Ask them what the movement is from. (I know what gas feels like and my movement sure doesn’t feel like that) God, I wish I has health insurance. Keep me posted please =)

Oh, also, someone just told me about tubal ligation syndrome. Look it up, it’s interesting. Might explain some things.

I did ask her she told me she couldn’t tell me I would have to wait for the results from the doctor..Thiis was done at a Medical Imagining center not a OBGYN office..The only thing she asked me if I had problems with digestion and I told her after I ate my stomach would get hard…I will ask more questions when I go Wed…As far as the tubal ligation syndrome I don’t think think that’s what I have or I would have had these issues before..It’s been 15-16 yrs since I had my tubes tied and I just started having these problems in Feb.I’ll keep you posted after my next appt.

Mokie_medium mokie78 1 post

Wow I was amazed to read this post.I am a 31 yr old mom of three I had my tubes tied eight and a half yrs ago right after giving birth to my son.This is my current situation I am eight weeks late for my period my last one was on july 5th.I am having multiple pregnancy symptoms heartburn,upset stomach,more trips to the bathroom,slight cramping,stomach fullness,moody,and clumsy ! But all ten test I have taken in the last 4 weeks have been neg.I swear I am pregnant by the way I feel I am holding my belly all the time and have started eating better in the last few weeks.I called the doctor today and they just said they would have a nurse call and talk to me further Tues. and maybe they would want me to come in for blood test.Urgh doctors ! Well I would love to find a few friends going through the same thing maybe we can help keep each other sane ! Good Luck to all of you.

Maybe it has something to do with the hormones they put in the food these days. Who knows. I am just so frustrated. I know I could get an abdominal ultrasound, but I have no insurance and I can’t afford to pay for one out of pocket.

Funny-cat_medium lilstar1998 1 post

I too have been having this issue. I am 27yrs old, and I had my tubes cut and burned 4 years ago after my 2nd child was born. For the last two months I have been having several pregnancy symptoms. I have been very moody, I’ve been feeling fluttering in my lower abs, and lately I’ve been noticing my stomach is getting larger and I have started feeling something like kicking. I went to the doctor last week and had a blood test done. The blood test came back negative, so I now have an appoinment set up later in the month for an ultrasound. It’s very annoying, I feel like I did with both my children. Ive had my period, but this month is was all “old blood” and was very light. I’d love to know, if anyone figures anything out.

I went to the doctor yesterday and she told me all my test came out negative and my ultrasound didn’t show anything there no growth or abnormal..And then she said if I wanted to get pregnant I can..Which struck me odd being I did have my tubes tied…I looked at the notes from the ultrasound tech and it says I have normal blood flow to both ovaries…So I called the doctor to ask(because I didn’t ask when I was there)And she said yes my tubes were open…well to say that I was happy would be an understatement but still doesn’t say why I’m experiencing pregnancy symptoms now..I’m going Thurs next week to a gastrologist to check my intestines..I’ll let you know the results..It doens’t explain why I gained weight and my abdomen is bloated..Hopefully I can find out why

That’s so weird. I’m literally going crazy. My stomach has gotten even bigger and I am feeling a lot more movement. In fact, it woke me up last night. What did the movement in your stomach feel like? I’m trying to find some kind of health insurance for lower income families, but so far I’m not having any luck. =) Keep us posted!

It feels like a fetal movement I even feel it under my ribs…It just doesn’t make sense to me either I’ve felt muscle spasms before and this is not it…I still feel movement still gaining weight..Hopefully this other gastro doctor can tell me something on Thurs..

4e65e43a2bb5_1245795305000_medium Dystne 2 posts

Hi. I know this is off the subject just a little but…I have all the same symptoms as you, Ive gained almost 30 pounds in less than a year. My periods have been truly bizzaar which is totally abnormal for me unless I am pregnant they are like clockwork. I feel silly taking pregnancy tests because my hubby has had a vasectomy but I take them anyway…..nagative. I was wondering…how can you tell if you have had a tubal? I gave birth to my son 3 years ago by c-section. While I was on the table the doc asked us if I wanted a tubal..She couldnt see me but silently, drugged and in tears I begged my husband no…We got in a small argument tonight. I tried to explain to him my unquenchable desire to bear children and asked him to understand why I couldnt allow the doctors to tie my tubes and take away that ability. He got extremly upset said he wouldnt talk about this subject (hes never acted this way when I talk about having babies only about the tubal issue) he slammed the back door and went upstairs to my room without a word. I think he may have done something I didnt want him to. Would I even know if he made that decision for me? Is he even allowed? He is capable of pretty screwed up stuff…p.s. My son was not his and he knows this. Help?

Hi hon! You would have had to fill out a consent form to get your tubes tied. Your husband could not have made the decision for you. No matter how drugged you were, I’m sure you would remember filling that out, especially since you remember them asking you. Also, after the procedure you would have been given forms and info on it, so I’m sure it didn’t happen. If you absolutely need confirmation on that, go to the hospital and ask for the records. Your husband obviously doesn’t want more children, so that is probably the reason why he is getting upset. That’s just my opinion, but I just know that I had to be informed of the procedure and the risk, and I had to sign a consent form. I was also given a bunch of info about recovery afterwards. If the Doctor did something with out your consent, they could be sued for malpractice and I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t risk that. (although maybe other states have different laws that would allow your husband to sign a consent for you if you were drugged, but I doubt it) Let us know what you find out. It’s comforting to know other people are going through the same thing. Were here for you. =)

Justme_medium notNsanethankU 2 posts

hi ladies. I stumbled on this thread a couple of days ago and let me tell you…. you are NOT alone in what you are feeling. I too, had a tubal ligation in 2004 after the birth of my fourth child. It was a decision my husband and I made together and I felt confident with it up until recently. I too, began having symptoms of early pregnancy and my period was very late and wacky at that… fast forward two weeks later after a faint positive pregnancy test, I finally went into ER because the cramps had gotten so bad and I was told it could possibly be a tubal pregnancy, if I was indeed pregnant. Well, had a blood test done (negative – unsure if it was beta or qualitive) as well as an ultrasound, which couldn’t find anything abnormal, but still could not identify where the painful cramps and other odd symptoms are coming from. I am totally confused. However, I am NOT what some may think. I was told to get a LOT of rest, which in my ears, sounds more like get a reality check. I am so glad I found this thread. I am here for you all if you will be here for me too.

S42586ca105180_8_5_medium flmomof3 1 post

Hi, I am so glad that there are others. I have only begun recently to have issues like this. My TL (cut and tied, pomeroy method – no burning) was done the day after my youngest daughter was born, in 2000. I have 3 girls, ages 16,15, and 9. This year twice my period has ran extrememly late. The first was nearly 7 weeks late. Went out of my mind after reading the failure rate increases after 10 years! This time i am now almost 2 weeks late. I have read up on the early menopause – but don’t have alot of the symptoms for that, as far as the PTLS – just read about it here! After looking while I have some symptoms, those could also be realted to being PG. I took a cheapie test today to get a neg outcome. This makes me so nervous because at 34, I really don’t care to do it all over again. I put aside my college and raised my girls (and have never regretted that), but I look at this as being my time to go to school and enjoy life. I have no insurance right now, which sucks because I cannot afford to go to the Dr. So I am really worried, if I indeed shuld be PG, well then I guess thats God’s way of saying – your not quite done yet there missy..lol and I will make it work with school.

4e65e43a2bb5_1245795305000_medium Dystne 2 posts

So I went to my OBGYN asking about the whole tubal situation. They had asked me if it was something I wanted to do while on the operating table and even though my husband said yes they were unable to get my concent and proceed because I had fallen unconsious. Whew…. that must be the reason he is upset over the whole issue. I had also concidered early menopause as a cause of my symptoms but only a few fit. Have you heard of premenopausal syndrom??? Its symptoms include all of those mentioned here and then some. It is caused by a dwindling supply of estrogen. Its symptoms are very sporatic and different for everyone and can last up to 10 years before menopause. My doctor seems to think it is extremly likely that this is the cause of all my distress. Google premenopausal syndrom and take a look at all the possible symptoms. I have been convienced and once again my period is 2 1/2 weeks late.

Icon_missing_medium geminivo 8 posts

hi ladies i am experiencing the same thing i had my tubes burnt almost 6 years ago my cycles have always been every 28 days until july 09 i was 12 days late and when i finally got my cycle it was heavy for one day and spotted the rest i decided to take a test and it was a faint positive then negative i decided it must have been a chemical pregnancy until the next cycle came it was late too.and my cycles have been very light i mean heavy one day light the rest so light i cant really consider it a full cycle here it is october29 and last week i took several test 4 out of the 6 were a faint positive. i feel movement that is getting stronger than just flutters. and now my breast are really sore the past two days i can squeeze a drop of milk out of them. my hubby thinks its gonna end up a miscarriage but i know the doctors wont take me seriously. i am a bit worried i have been cramping a lot. last year my cyle was 10 days late to and the er doctor said i had a chemical pregnancy. what are the chances that is what it is again. also if my tubes are cauterized how is it that my eggs are even being fertilized. any advice

I still don’t have answers I still feel movement and have colostrum coming out of my breast..I still have been getting my period but not the same…If anyone get an answer or eventually finds out that they were please post it.BTW I’m the one who started this thread.

Deborah

Okay…so I went to the hospital with a lot of pain once again. They did an ultrasound and found I had a smalle cyst on my overy, The thing is they just looked at my overies. I am still having movement. In fact, it’s getting stronger and stronger. A friend told me they had trouble finding her baby at first when she was 5 months along because it was sitting on her side. This is going to sound weird, but when I was in Vegas a few months ago, a psychic came up to me and told me I was pregnant with Twins!! Has anyone else found out what was going on with them??

Icon_missing_medium sherridove 8 posts

so heres my story….i had a TL 14 yrs ago. i started having pregnancy symptoms, about a month ago. period lasting only 1 day, nausea, enlarged breasts leaking milk, and gained 12 pounds…all in the front!!! i have no insurance so i did the best thing i knew how to do…i went to the ER..(because of TL) and i got nowhere!!! first the doc says pregnant, then comes back and says sorry i got you mixed up with someone else! so he orders blood tests! he only gets a drop and half of blood…of course he asked for 4 tubes…so he gets a negative result! he diagnosis me with chronic asthma!!! no kidding!!! ive had chronic asthma for 5 yrs now, and never looked like this!
so i find a doctor (family doc) who will agree to see me, no easy task….we convince him to do the ultrasound!! he says its for the pregnancy, of course surprise surprise he lies! he checks for cancer, kidney and stuff….doesnt check for pregnancy at all. more wasted money! the technician tells me even if i was pregnant she cant tell me that…or anything else for that matter…so this morning i get a call.. its the doctors office…they say i have an enlarged lining of the uterus, and a lot of fluid!!!!! heres the scary part, before the tests i feel lots of movement, after the test barely any more movement….so ive been feeling like because i didnt believe and wanted to know for “sure” i had hurt my baby! but now the movements are back! mom even says when i hugged her the other night she got kicked!!!
whats up with these doctors? i know im high risk and no insurance, but dont we have the right to know too? i promise ill pray for you all, and you all pray for me too…im walking in faith not science…and lets be sure to let each other know what happens ok?

Justme_medium notNsanethankU 2 posts

OK (bigfatsigh)………………. At the time that I wrote my last entry, I had scheduled an appointment to see my OBGYN. Since that time, I’ve had another very abnormal period and two faint positive pregnancy tests (First Response Early Result). Today, at that appointment, I was able to sit in an office before any examination started to explain why I was there. By now, I no longer believed I was pregnant, but I am sure that I miscarried just after those faint positive tests. I showed him the tests, which he examined carefully and did agree that they were positive, and not by his faint-positive standards (his words)……. He immediately told me that the tests alone indicate a failed tubal ligation, but that he would perform every test necessary to rule pregnancy in or out. He started with a urine pregnancy test (which was negative). He then did a pap-smear, checked my cervix and did confirm that it was unusually colored (purple, blue), and explained that this usually indicates pregnancy or prior pregnancy because of the increase of blood flow to the uterus and cervix. He then ordered a blood draw, to which he explained probably wouln’t yield much if a miscarriage had indeed occured before this last period, which he said he believe did.
I asked him many questions, one of them was if he really believed I could have been pregnant, or was he just leading me to believe he was taking me seriously. He told me he could lose his license to practice Obstetrics and Gynocology if he willingly led me to believe I could get pregnant when all evidence pointed to the contrary. I also asked if all evidence clearly indicated that my tubal failed, and he confirmed that yes, he was convinced that my tubal ligation failed but that he could not tell me when this could have happened in the last five years, or tell how far along I could have been when a miscarriage took place, as he explained, that brand of pregnancy test can detect very low amounts of hCG but that the darkness of the line can stay very faint for a very long time after implantation. He finished that answer with " As hard as it is to come to terms with, the easiest way to do it is to realize that you cannot underestimate the power of small percentage" So he suggested that if I wished to begin another form of BC, he would prescribe pills, that would not only protect against pregnancy, but would also regulate my hormones again. I declined, and he wrote me the prescription anyway. He also said that if I wished not to get on another form of BC, that perhaps my husband would consider a vasectomy, and he gave me information on a local urologist clinic who my husband could contact. He allowed me to inspect my progress notes for my visit and the diagnosis is failed sterilization and subsequent spontaneous abortion.

I walked in the clinic this morning a tired, confused “tubal ligation” patient. And walked out a ‘fertile’ patient again. I’ve contacted my husband at work and told him most of the details of my visit. But we have yet to sit down and actually discuss the possibilities. The last thing I heard him say before I hung up my cell phone was “Well lets have another baby!”… I must say I am still in a very ackward state of shock. I am unsure if whether I want to jump for joy for finally having an honest medical opinion, or if I want to cry because I lost a baby and it was all totally out of my control. Maybe I am just totally emotionally drained at this point. It has been a very long and emotional and difficult three months for me. Some days where I just wanted to be normal again, whether I was still incapable of having kids again or capable of it, I just wanted to feel normal again. Now I have answers, and I am sure more are to come once labs come in. Ultimately, this was the best I could have hoped for.
I just wanted to follow up and let everybody know what happened, what I was told. You are all still in my prayers and I will keep you posted of any further news or more answers.

Icon_missing_medium geminivo 8 posts

okay my insurance at work has finally kicked in and i plan on going to my pcp on saturday. however i did start my cycle again this month on sunday 1 day late i am about to tmi so i want to warn you a head of time it started out brown it scared me but now it went to bright red the last 3 periods have ended by the 4th day but not this time i had severe sharp knifelike pains i had to take pain killers plus i had a light fever and was extremely tired i thought my cycle was over since i started spotting on 4th day started with pains again and heavy bleeding now its spotting. Does anyone know what decidual bleeding is? How is it different from a regular period? the milk in my breast is still there and so are the light kicks in my lower abdomin. I am starting to think that i want a baby so bad that maybe i have convince my self that i am but that doesnt explain the the faint positives i have been getting the past few months. Maybe i had another chemical pregnancy. My advice to some of you is maybe we shouldnt mention our tubes are tied when we see a ob gyn. let them confirm our pregnancies and after we have been treated and have birthed our miracle babys we spring it on them that our tubes were tied the whole time and the joke was on them. lol. obviously the moment we tell them out tubes were tied they treat us like crazy people especially when it has been document that these procedures are not 100% and there is always that 1% chance.

i promised to let you all know what happened…so here goes….i was indeed pregnant! i did say was because in my opinion they (the drs) killed my baby. she (i believe it was a she) was my gift my miracle from God…her name was Gracie…i went in to yet another unbelieveing dr…he did a vaginal ultrasound…please i beg you if you have a dr like i got DONT DO THIS! the exam was friday afternoon…he warned me of all the problems of having a baby with me being high risk already, and this maybe being a TL, and i trusted him. then he said if my cycle didnt start soon, hed give me a pill to help it start!!! …of course i looked at him horrified!! i made the mistake of telling him id had a TL, i guess that made me just sound crazy to him, hes about proof, Gods about Faith! anyways, after the vaginal ultrasound i started cramping…having little contractions…(of course even after the stupid exam the dr. said “i dont THINK you are pregnant!” aaaghhhhhh! why do something so dangerous with a HIGH RISK patient then??? anyways like i said we went for a drive out to feed my mini horses, and the cramps were getting worse…and worse…by the time we left, my back was hurting so bad i could barely sit in the seat, and my stomach had a searing pain in it…right below my pelvic bone…on my right side…and the rest is as you expect from this point as you read…we lost her! i feel so empty now…no little flutters, no baby kicks, now i can rest my head on my knees… ihave a lot of gas yet, as my uterus is still shrinking, and luckily no infection, and taking pain pills as im still sore…my hubby and i are crushed…this was his first child..we are praying God will bless us once more with a child, and next time we wont even go see a dr until shes making her appearance into this world…(i dont recommend this to anyone) we just dont trust drs anymore…we are gonna put our faith totally in Him…im not trying to give anyone bad advice out there, im just being honest about what happened to me and what i feel i need to do…ive already had 2 of my 5 babies without a dr even making it into the delivery room in time…lol
the worst part for us is God gave us a miracle…and we let them take her little life!

Can I ask you a question did you actually take the pill?Is that what brought on your cramping?Did you see anything?Sorry for all the questions just curious..

no i didnt! it was from the transvaginal ultrasound that they say is soooo safe!

I had that done too but didn’t do anything to me…sorry that happened to you keep trying you’ll be blessed again…

Forums June 16, 2009 - Ask Our Doctors: What to Expect after You're Diagnosed Tubes tied feel pregnant but negative test

THE DOCTORS MOST POPULAR Recipes VIDEOS

Procamsd6140_doctors_skin_lab_vl_browse

Recipes for Radiant
Skin

Anti_wrinkle_mash_vl_browse

Dr. Ordon's
Anti-Wrinkle Recipes

Procamsd6082_carrie_underwood_beauty_secret_vl_browse

Carrie Underwood’s
Beauty Secret

Promod6121_calorie_cutting_takeout_trade_outs_vl_browse

Take-Out Trade Outs